AVOIDING Medicare's "every 3 months" MD visit requirement for Pump Users

Continuing the discussion from 3 month visits to Doctor for Pump Users:

I am trying to branch this off into a new/separate topic because it occurred to me that the original one never seemed (IMO) to address directly enough the OP’s (Bob) underlying question which is quoted below.

The closest I think the original discussion came was to suggest buying “better” supplemental insurance. I suppose that sorta works … if you can afford it. But if a primary reason why you are depending on Medicare is because your funds are limited, that answer seems, well, less special.

Other people had hinted that they had occasionally been given hints that there were other “ways around” this requirement. I was hoping some possible workarounds might be suggested. And even if one can’t completely avoid doing something every 3 months, suggestions on how to possibly mitigate the time & money needed to technically fulfill it could be helpful, no?

While I don’t use Medicare yet, I am curious as hell about this requirement as it seems so silly and pointless. Once a year maybe I could see that. But every three months? Why? When PWDs differ so much, what is the point of being so specific about this time limit? Or, to put it another way, What Were They Thinking? :scream:

For what it’s worth, I’ve quoted below for reference the portion of Terry’s post in the original thread containing the requirement as Medicare words it.

1 Like