Blood glucose control efforts, peer support, and excessive behavior

@Terry4 I find this topic very thought provoking. Do I find your comments an inspiration? Sure do. Am I aggressive in my diabetes care? Well, my endo thinks I am, but in comparison to many here, not at all. (my endo has told me stories of patients coming in for a check up with “just a few numbers written down on a paper napkin”).

I don’t have a cgm and doubt I’ll ever have one. Right now we have the absolutely worst insurance I’ve ever had in my entire life. Honestly I go to the endo mainly so I can beg for free insulin samples. I enjoy reading about Tresiba and Afrezza , and cheer when I see folks getting great results, I can’t even let myself think about it, as it also will not be happening.

but I’m doing ok for someone who’s had d 49 years. there’s no place better for me to be than here when i get to feeling down about d or other things depressing and beyond my control. there’s always someone who needs a hand. I’ve been around here for almost 9 years and I get a lot of satisfaction from helping others connect here.

for those who are new here, welcome, and you can read about the values of our community here
https://forum.tudiabetes.org/t/the-values-of-tudiabetes/34720

4 Likes