Golden Diaversary for our sweet Marie!

@MarieB is, and has been for so long, a cornerstone here at TuDiabetes. She’s one of the most caring and helpful people I know and has touched so many of us with her knowledge, encouragement and love. She has dedicated countless hours to our forum, shared her quilting skills to create beautiful works of art to celebrate us and TuDiabetes (The Word in Your Hand Quilt), shared her love of food by posting recipes, advocated for all of us through organized programs, and so much more over the years.

Today marks 50 years since Marie’s diabetes diagnosis. Acknowledging such a day conjures different emotions in each of us ranging from one end of the spectrum of sadness and grief all the way to the other of pride and celebration.

Marie, thank you for being a part of my and Caleb’s lives. Thank you for caring and being an example of perseverance, strength and providing endless encouragement. On what I know is an emotional day, I hope you can find light and warmth in the knowledge that you have helped more people than you’ll ever know and truly made a difference in this world.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

12 Likes

@MarieB was one of the first people to welcome me to TuDiabetes many years ago. Thank you for all your help and support!

1 Like

I never know how to react to diaversaries. To me it is sad, and yet at the same time it marks all the challenges that you have successfully surmounted.

But I do know how to react to @MarieB: she is a warm and caring person, selfless and true to her friends – @MarieB , you are wonderful! May you stay the way you are for many, many more years! As my Spanish-speaking great-grandmother used to say, cien y veinte años y mas de buena vida!

3 Likes

Marie, you are one of the first friends I made here and will be a friend for life. You have been my mentor and teacher in more ways than I can list; some of them you are well aware of and others you probably don’t even suspect. As Lorraine says, the emotions connected with a milestone such as this are many and varied, but no matter what, it is a milestone, and a big one. Congratulations on getting here!

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

1 Like

@MarieB s diaversary even got this gal out of her lurking cave!
Happy diaversary to one of the most compassionate people i know! Thanks for making tud what it is! Love you❤️

4 Likes

Hey! How are you liking year 4, even though it’s barely begun? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Its great! Just getting started at a new uni is tough though, everything is different and people assume you know stuff (administration wise) you dont.
But im sure ill get used to it quickly. And i am really looking forward to a internship we get to do with a gp every week starting next wednesday!
How are you?

1 Like

@MarieB thanks for everything you to make tuD a great place, you have touched countless lives

2 Likes

Its great having you here, @MarieB, thanks for everything :hearts::hearts::hearts:

1 Like

A BIG, BIG MONSTERS INC. HUG to our dear and sweet @MarieB!!! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Congrats @MarieB and thank you for everything that you do for all of us with diabetes.

2 Likes

Congrats @MarieB, you are an amazing role model for our community.

1 Like

I’m not sure that a persons Diaversary date is something to be celebrated, it is the worst day of most diabetics life. What is worth celebrating with great fanfare is that our sweet Marie has survived and thrived for 50 years in spite of diabetes.

Happy 50th Survival Day Marie, because of you all our lives are blessed.

6 Likes

Marie B happy D day - I am at 43 years, So officially tomorrow I am gaining on you again :smile:

2 Likes

All Bright Blessings of the Universe to you, dear, dear friend!..Loving you, as ever…xx000

I agree totally. But congrats to Marie on managing 50 years of this and on her help given to everyone!

1 Like

Congrats Marie!! And a big thank you for all the help and compassion you so freely give to all of us here. :sunflower:

1 Like

congrats marie we all love you and may it be the bast day ever

1 Like