LADA Endo Recommendations in DC Area?

Well, this was nearly 7 years ago and I saw him primarily because of the statin problems. At the time, through the Bernstein diet and medication I had gotten my A1c down to 5.9 shortly after diagnosis. When I asked him to take me on as a patient, he refused, basically saying that he had lots of patients in much worse shape who needed him.

After my debacle with my previous endo I looked for a new endo. I specifically wanted one who would "listen to me." Not a characteristic I remembered from Dr. Gruff. I also wanted an endo who could accept my desire for "normal" blood sugars and my low carb lifestyle. And since I had started insulin, I wanted a Dr. who would accept and work with me on an insulin regime as a T2.

So, given all the discussion, I'll tell you who I chose. I now see Nahrain Al-Zubaidi who works out of Fairfax Corner. She is also on the faculty at Georgetown. She listens and really works with me. And although she struggles with running late, she will spend time with patients if they need it. I always felt shuttled out the door after only a few minutes of Dr. dominated conversation, but not so with her. She is a fan of low carb diets and although we discuss the risk of hypos, she has worked with me over the last two years as my A1c has ranged from 5.3 to 5.6% and not gotten all over my case about hypos.