LINK for Munchies with Insulin-

Continuing the discussion from Insulin Munchies Linked to High BS- Really?:

Thank you for all the replies, I’ve felt so alone dealing with this problem. Many are correct about it happening with high blood sugars, but I never made that connection, until I read the article. I’ve been so many doctors, nurse educators, who never mentioned or gave me something to read that mentioned this problem. I never had a problem with eating between meals, or not feeling full, but since starting insulin, more specifically the pump- it’s an issue for me.
Thanks for answering and sharing! So very much appreciated. I’ve only been a diabetic for 10 years, and when I was diagnosed at 45 years old, I thought they were kidding. It’s changed my life completely! Ugh… I feel like I have to be a genius in the human body and the endocrine system, add to that a pharmacologist to understand the impact of what a drug is doing to me and why! I googled the ingredients in Humalog- boy that was depressing:~)
Thanks- would love to learn/hear more.

Hang in there. I was diagnosed 17 years ago at age 50. I should say misdiagnosed. My doctor was not up on diabetes. Treated me as a T2. Left him and new doctor realized I was probably T1 and sent me to an endo. Got on insulin and made all the difference. Been pumping for 15 years. Just educate as much as possible.

Thank you! I too was diagnosed as a Type 2 at first- I even had a doctor tell me it was menopause! After some really hairy trials on Type 2 medications, several of which landed me in the hospital-- an endocrinologist did a blood test and they finally figured out I was a Type 1.
Long road… I agree - sharing the knowledge with others is key.
I was wondering though… I used to get really tired and fall sound to sleep, now it’s the munchies, is there a progression in the way Type 1’s react to insulin over time?
Thanks again! Appreciate the help.

Thank you for the link, and I’m so glad they finally got your diagnosis right.