New Here... Spouse is Diabetic. Need Support

Neuropathy can heal, the key is getting better control. I experienced the burning pain but it is gone. Some numbness remains but I can deal with that. I still have hope the numbness will go away. At one point it extended up to my thighs but it is now confined to my feet.

I take R-ALA, evening primrose oil, and benfotiamin ( a fat soluble form of vitamin B1) and they have helped my neuropathy. The R-ALA and benfotiamin have been studied in Europe and both are used for neuropathy there. Getting better control of my blood glucose also undoubtedly helped too. Here's a recent discussion about this. Here's another link that references a study that says it may take 2 - 3 years for your nerves to heal, and explains what is going on that causes the condition.

The numbness in my feet is a constant reminder to stick to my diet exercise etc. I don't want that burning to come back if at all possible.

I'll also second the Dr. B recommendation. If it looks like something you want to try check out the Bernstein Group here on tuD.