Nighttime highs

I took my first several doses at night, purely for convenience and had zero issues. Then as I was running out of a test pen, I wanted to see how long it would last before my basals started to climb. For me, about 39 hours. When I re-started the Tresiba, I went to an am dose and have been there ever since. I am not sure it really matters too much during the day when you take it, since it’s efficacy is so long. The Tresiba curve is extremely flat compared to other basals and doesn’t stack in my experience.

Have you ever heard the term “eat to your meter”? It’s a fairly popular concept on this blog and can help you to avoid huge spikes. ( Diagnosed by noon, dying for a cheeseburger by 3 - #2 by Scott_A) Also identifying your Insulin to Carb Ratio (I:C) will help you to make adjustments with your bolus and corrections. My favorite guilty meal is pulled pork (no sauce from Costco) on romaine leaves with a sprinkle of cheese. Low carb/medium fat/high protein.

Please do ask if you are looking for ideas or answers. People here are super helpful!