Nor'easter Storm Stella

Continuing the discussion from Snowzilla Roll Call:

I’m looking at the weather reports for tomorrow’s blizzard. Predictions for northern NJ are for lots of snow. Of course it’s hard to predict the exact path it will take. But I thought I’d link to last year’s topic on the Snowzilla, as it’s likely to affect many of the same folks.

1 Like

Be safe all! Sending you all sunshine and warmth from Florida. :sunny:

1 Like

Well, it’s not much, I know, but you can have our 50° if it’ll help.

I remember living in places with a strong four-season cycle. Snowstorms in March or even April felt disheartening since people were often weary of winter and have likely been teased with some moderate or even warm early spring weather.

Stay safe and report back here, if you can.

School was canceled for tomorrow before Caleb even left today. 12-19 is predicted.

18-24 for us. It’s so nice and sunny right now, but I see the radar… I’ll check in tomorrow.

Panic shop! PANNNNIIIICC SHOOOOOPPPP NOWWWW!!! That’s the usual reaction here in Boston anyway. I actually AM expecting a D supplies delivery tomorrow–I take Metformin and as of tonight I’m going to be out of it. Also getting Novolog. I’m in no danger of running out of that, but because it’s perishable-medical and shipped in a cooler with icepacks they treat it like big deal, so hopefully that will mean they make an extra effort to get through. Not at the risk of anyone’s life of course.

1 Like

We could get up to 22 inches here in the foothills of Maine. Shoveling will be my exercise. I am home,DH volunteers 1/2 mile away. Be safe. Nancy

Any updates with the snowbound? Internet service may be hampered.

it’s snowing really hard here in northern NJ. looks like yesterday’s predictions will be slightly less, as it’s tracked more to the west. I expect to still get 12 to 18.

Is it wet and heavy snow or more light and fluffy? Hope you stay warm and safe.

here it’s fine and light. the winds are blowing everything around. it’s more icy closer to NYC. they are telling everyone not to go out

Here west of DC we have had extensive freezing rain and perhaps 4-6 inches of snow although it is hard to tell as it has compressed with the rain/sleet. Federal government opens 3 hours late but many will either take unscheduled leave or telework. My wife works for the county which has a terrible policy. They require everyone to come to work no matter what and if they physically cannot open the library (such as having no parking) then they can petition to have the library declared closed. But employees are still expected to come into work no matter what, cause I guess librarians are “emergency employees.”

2 Likes

we have 11 inches and it’s coming down to beat the band. it appears my “garage” has collapsed and my husband’s out there shoveling a path to it. hope no damage to my car.

Oh my goodness! Hope all is okay! We are at about the same snow accumulation - winds are crazy! New puppy Stellaluna doesn’t know what to make of it!

we are in bad shape. nothing I can do atm. we have one of those tarp like garages, and it is flattened on top of my car. it fell over to the side completely obstructing the path to our shed where the snow blower lives. so we cant get out the snowblower and I’m afraid someone will have a heart attack. I’m tring not to get too upset, but you know me.

yeah the winds are blowing crazy.

Sorry to hear about your garage. Hope things calm down soon and you can get everything straightened out. Sometimes it is good to just take a deep breath and have patience.

2 Likes

Good luck, Marie. I hope the storm dies down very soon.

3 Likes

this was several hours ago, there’s much more now

2 Likes

White-out conditions for the last hour here in Boston but it’s the wet heavy stuff so not really stacking up that much. Not to mention it’s “falling” sideways. Because the WIND on the other hand is ripping.