Not being able to log in — "The NeverEnding Story"?

Has something been changed? Today I’ve had no problems staying logged in.

1 Like

I was able to log in just now, but only with my email address. It still won’t take either the Nell1 (assigned by new platform) or Nellje, my preference, which Emily Cole changed it to for me. I think this is specific to me and not worth spending time on for the developers. Just making note of it. It was nice to get a log-in screen, at least.

For right now you should login with you email. I believe there is a unique username that is assigned to every member and while you should technically be able to login with that username it still doesn’t work correctly. At this time there is no easy way for users to identify their “username.” I hope that @EmilyC and the team will track this down (I actually believe some of the problem may be related to different usernames assigned on WP and Discourse sides for some members (like me)).

Note that the name that is displayed (Nell1) in this case is assigned in a different manner and does not have to be unique. We would hope that members would soon have appropriate control of their displayed name.

1 Like

I was locked out for a couple of days but just sat tight and figured I’d be able to get back in when “it” (IT? LOL…) got fixed and it seems to be working fine now.

1 Like

8:29 Eastern - just made the jump from the homepage to Discussion Groups via the “View all topics” … and I stayed logged in!

YAY!

1 Like

One of our developers has been working on the login-logout issues over the holiday weekend, and it looks like some good progress is being made!! Again, thank you all for sticking it out with us. We’ll get this working properly for everyone!

@irrational_John, I’ll add it to my list of suggested changes to the home page :slight_smile: We’ve gotten some great suggestions and will be reviewing and discussing them once some of the bigger tech issues are fixed. Thanks for the suggestion!

@EmilyC, I saw your question on chat but it was not clear if you were still on, just now. To answer your question re logging in/out, when I hit ‘view all topics’ now, I remain logged in!! Hooray for that.

I agree with Irrational-John’s suggestion. Though not a big deal for me.

1 Like

Thanks for the message, @Nell1! Everyone please test this vigorously and let me know if you encounter any further issues. Log in and out and open multiple tabs and click all over the place. Once you are logged in you should stay logged in everywhere on the site until you intentionally log out, and once you log out you should stay logged out until you intentionally log in again. We want it to be unbreakable, and we’re going to celebrate heartily once it is!

1 Like

UPDATE: we’ve changed the “Discussion Groups” tab title in the main menu to “Forum”.

1 Like

Noticed that this morning. Yay!

1 Like