Tips for getting started on a LC diet

@Jen…I had to figure out emergency snacks back in '96 due to fibromyalgia, which can mimic a low if not handled right…

Anyway—better than ice cubes–keep a frozen bottled water in the freezer at all times, ready for your lunch bag. Lasts longer…

I put in it string cheese, nuts of some kind, my 4-carb pitas (flax, stone ground wheat and oat bran–not sure you can eat those), and/or Flackers flax crackers, which I like, but a lot of folks don’t…Almond butter with no added sugar works for me…some slices of no-nitrite deli meat (you need a good protein source with a bit of fat to sustain lo-carb)…a little fresh spinach in a baggie. Yes–ditto on hard boiled egg—my sister in law calls them Little Protein Pellets! A couple slices of red bell pepper. And after 10 years, I recently, accidentally, found that those old French’s fried onion rings like our moms dumped on green bean casseroles don’t give me a spike. First salty snack in a decade!..

I’m 3000 miles from home with my ailing sister and with spotty internet connection. I’ll follow as I can. It’s doable…You’ve probably seen my old blog on the subject, but since I have a connection, I’ll try to post it here…Blessings all…

1 Like