Trulicity

How long after beginning Trulicity (.75mg) weekly injections should I expect to see the affects on my Glucose numbers?

Hi George, welcome to the community. I used our little magnifying glass (upper right corner) and found these topics on Trulicity. @yourhanner said it worked for her right away

and here’s another one with a lot of replies

feel free to comment on any topics here that interest you. and let us know how the Trulicity works for you!

Thank you. I am a 65 year old Caucasian male. I have had Type II Diabetes for 15+ years. For the last number of years I have been on 1000mg Metformin 2x a day, 5mg Onglyza (Saxagliptin) 1x day and 10mg Glipizide 1x day. I track and record my glucose (and B/P) twice a day. The doctor requested I keep my glucose UNDER 120. My monthly glucose average in the 80s. Every quarter I would visit my doctor and have blood work done and have my A1c checked. My A1c has been consistently UNDER 7 (typically 6.1 - 6.5). THEN, (for reasons not for this discussion) I changed doctors. This new doctor is heavily into Diabetes to the point he teaches classes on it to patients. Because of my age he pulled me off Glypizide and is putting me on .75mg Trulicity (1x week). This has been going on for a month now in that time I have had FIVE glucose readings under 120. Most readings are in the upper hundreds. I do not know what my latest A1c is but it can’t be good. I am very unhappy with my glucose numbers. All this lead me up to my original query to this forum…how long does it take for Trulicity to make a change in one’s glucose? I would think after a month I would see SOMETHING. My doctor wants me to “maintain the course”. Thoughts anyone?

So - Trulicity has been like magic for me. However, because of insurance, I had to try a number of other drugs in this class before they would cover Trulicity for me. I tried Bydureon and Tanzeum, and in different dosages. Those didn’t work for me at all - and I could tell right away! When I switched back to Trulicity, my BS readings dropped within the day. It could be that Trulicity just doesn’t work for you. Maybe one of the others will? It’s also possible that this kind of medication doesn’t work for you at all.