2e generation Omnipod

Please make some pictures and put them on this forum.

Well look for yourself!!

2616-20121030_185210.jpg (1.54 MB)

Wow!!!!
Thanks Fastboy - I can't wait until they are approved in the US. My 8 year old has been using the POD for a little less than a year. You will enjoy it. Come on FDA approve this thing NOW!!!!!

Life is not fair.... My neighbour, she just started this week with the omnipod, already has the new ones. They really are smaller!

US will not see them until 2014. People don't get your hopes up. What they tell investors and what really happens are two different things......

Sorry to hear but is this sure? Why would they wait an extra year if the new Pods are cheaper to produce? The US approval should not take that long.

Last week I received the info pack for the 2e generation Omnipod with new manual and information how to configure the new PDM. Now I can play around for 2 weeks.

Still 4 "big" pods to go then I can order the new ones.

Herman

Do you know if Ypsomed will be pushing them into the UK ? I cant wait for the smaller Pod. Are they are reliable ? I have just had a bad box of "big" Pods again. First time for a year or so. Keen to hear how you are finding the new Pods.

J

If you follow @mylifediabetes on Twitter you can read the following:

Launch will start in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany, with Switzerland, Austria and the Scandinavian countries to follow soon.

So I think it can be any moment. But contact your local Mylife representative to ask for details. http://www.mylife-diabetescare.co.uk

Ypsomed in his first half report 2012/2013 says:

The second generation of the product will be launched in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Austria by the end of 2012. Sales also commenced in Norway and Sweden following a long licensing process commenced in Norway and Sweden following a long licensing process.

Perhaps they mean they will start the process by 2012, becuase in Netherlands it tokk a few months from distributing the new PDMs and givining out the new pods

The PDM was already available but the Pods came later (now). As they are both available now it should be possible to implement it quicker. The Twitter came from Ypsomed on October 8. Who am I to doubt it?

@Herman

Reading your 2nd post I take it you start the 16th with the new pods? I have configured the new PDM and I will start the 20th :)
Can't wait.

What I love about the 2nd generation Omnipod is that it's lighter and smaller but the needle is lightblue (or so they say, haven't seen that yet), and there will be a pink mark at the top to confirm it's inserted.

I will have to get use to the fact that you have to confirm your name when you turn the PDM on.

Hopefull the reach will be extended because now sometimes the PDM just says cannot communicate with the pod etc.

I've got 3 boxes of pods so let's do it :)

I hope for the US that the 2nd generation will be available shortly. I understand it takes a while to approve regulations and things like that. Well, just hope they will get on with it....

Any real experiences with new pods yet?

Not yet. Last one in use. Saturday I will start.

In January they are coming in UK too, according to this post
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3...

the new handset and smaller pods will be available in January. I know there have been rumours about this for ages, however I ordered pods yesterday and was advised to only take 2 months supply

Started on Saturday and after two hours a occlusion. The last one was months ago. But think positive, this way I was able to train filling the pod within 12hours again. LOL
I always use the pods 80 hours (72+8), to save a extra pod on every box of ten. I wait for the end alarm to change the pod. I noticed that the alarm which was always a constant beep now changes from a constant beep to a beep beep beep sound.

2615-AudioNote20121128_064527.amr (45.6 KB)

Picture from the pod on my arm.

2613-100_2964.JPG (355 KB) 2614-100_2972.JPG (433 KB)

I found a nice photo comparing a disassembled new Pod and an old one

(link)

The automatic insertion system seems to have changed a lot: the needle which pushes the canula underskin is quite different and the spring was substituted by a torsion spring.

Would you be willing to take and share photos of a used pod underneath? I am interested to see how much of the pod is attached to the adhesive pad. I hope Insulet increased the area coverage so the pod will be harder to knock off. Thanks for sharing!!

Agreed! I'd like to see the underside (and welding points) as well.

Regarding the pics above, that pink indicator box seems a bit, uh, unnecessary? I guess I don't really see the "usefulness" of that thing, if it just has some sort of slide that fills in the box with pink color once it has deployed the canula. But that's a different conversation all-together :)

Thanks Herman for posting some pics!