Today marks 35 weeks. For the last 2 weeks, I’ve been controlling my contractions with Procardia and modified bedrest. At this point, it’s a waiting game of when the baby will come. Last week I had a positive fFN test, so we are being very adamant about resting, especially since my OB is out of town this week. After next week, labor can happen whenever.
Pray that the baby stays put at least till next week. Since we are on pins and needles trying to get as full-term as possible, a very encouraging positive thing out of this is it is likely I will not have to be induced therefore allowing me to have the natural childbirth I was hoping for. I’m already 2 cm and 50% effaced. My BH contractions are painless. If I can get to 5 cm with no problems, that eliminates the temptation for IV narcotics. Ultimately, I want to avoid the epidural for a quicker recovery time after delivery. Things are looking up!