35 weeks and counting!

Today marks 35 weeks. For the last 2 weeks, I’ve been controlling my contractions with Procardia and modified bedrest. At this point, it’s a waiting game of when the baby will come. Last week I had a positive fFN test, so we are being very adamant about resting, especially since my OB is out of town this week. After next week, labor can happen whenever.

Pray that the baby stays put at least till next week. Since we are on pins and needles trying to get as full-term as possible, a very encouraging positive thing out of this is it is likely I will not have to be induced therefore allowing me to have the natural childbirth I was hoping for. I’m already 2 cm and 50% effaced. My BH contractions are painless. If I can get to 5 cm with no problems, that eliminates the temptation for IV narcotics. Ultimately, I want to avoid the epidural for a quicker recovery time after delivery. Things are looking up!

congratulations for making it this far!! Almost there!
I’m at 36 weeks now and doing the waiting game as well. However, we found out at the ultrasound yesterday that baby is breech, so we’re hoping she will flip so we can have the “close to natural” childbirth that we’ve planned all along. If she doesnt flip, then the doctors are going to stress the need for a c section. I’ve been looking around to see risks of delivery a breech baby vaginally. Many sources say that having a forced c section due to breech babies is strictly for the benefit of the doctor- that it’s marginally risky for the baby. Now, whether these sources are trustworthy is a different story. Yet another obstacle I will have to discuss with my OB end of this week when I see her again.

Good luck to you. I am hoping for a vaginal, no drug birth as well- to help with recovery and to keep me focused during delivery. We’ll see what happens.

Try to find a chiropractor that does the Webster technique. I have two friends who have tried this, and it was very successful at flipping the baby.

Any updates, ladies? Eager to hear about the arrival of both of your babies! I’m just over 35 weeks … getting crazy impatient to meet this little guy.

Had my baby on July 15. My placenta gave out on me plus i was showing early signs of pre-eclampsia, so I was induced. I had the natural birth that I wanted. His name is Timothy “Grant,” and he weighed 7lbs. 13 oz at 36 weeks 3 days. He is doing so well!!! I love him to death! My other kids absolutely adore him!