5% Club

I just got my A1C test result and it was 5.3! I was 7.2 at diagnosis, 5.6 after starting on a low carb diet but back up to 6.1 at my last test. I seem to run much higher than my average BG so I am pleasantly surprised. I am early LADA, still producing insulin but recently started on Levemir as well as Novolog for meals. Couldn’t be the Levemir though as I had only been on it a few days. I am working really hard to keep my BG normal in the hopes of extending the honeymoon indefinitely. So far, so good…

Libby- You go girl!!! I remember seeing 5.5 and 6.1!! I miss those days. My last A1C was 7.1. Now I am using the Omnipod system…enjoy the honeymoon phase; I kinda miss mine.

Cherise

Congrats Libby
Feels great to have that low of an A1C. Mine was 5.4 after only one month of the insulin pump.

Hi Libby,
Congratulations… Great job.!!! My last A1C was 5.6 and i was jumping for joy. I know you work really hard to get where you are. And you are one of my big inspirations for when I plan my menus for the week. I am LADA too and we can’t always seem to keep things on an even keel. But you are always supportive and give great tips. And I am always happy when I read one of your posts. A big hug and a high five coming your way.