66, 119, 137...huh?

My experience w/ the pump nurses are that they are there to get you going but bail out when you're up and running. It was sort of weird, in that I'm "friendly" and sort of assumed they'd be around for longer but, when they stopped emailing me back, I realized I didn't really need to be emailing them any more anyway. We met at the doctors office but I didn't have the experience with one actually being installed in their office. That was Medtronic so maybe Omnipod/ Insulet or whoever works differently?

I understand, though I also agree with AR that you might want to find out exactly what they offer. But I am confident that you already know a lot more than you think you do about your needs. For example based on what you are saying in this thread you could draw a good basil profile, splitting up the time zones for the periods where you see the jumps. (remembering to do it two hours before so if it starts rising at 5, do the increase around 3. I understand your wanting the good support (and hope that is what you have with your provider!) I just know how much better you will do on the pump, so I'm anxious for you to start..lol

thanks. actually, i'm a bit 'nervous' about this D Team, they're supposedly one of the best at the top hospital/medical centers in my area but they are extremely rigid when it comes to management and pumps, you follow their rules and they follow you, in turn. I'll take it, at first...cause last time i started my pod, just a few weeks ago I had to turn down my basal rate to .30 and i was going low all over the place, which doesn't calculate to my never ending > of my levemir doses now...so, either levemir just isn't working for me, or as well, anymore or i've hit another post honeymoon milestone. Who knows. I just read that some do have to take 3 shots of levemir, it does or can run out by day's end and the more one takes the longer it will last. Lantus maybe would work better, it's stronger but I'm trying to just hold on to this for another month. I'm not excited about a pump, really..and all that it entails but the end result will hopefully be better then this. THANKS!

I haven't had that much experience with "rigid" medical teams but I am very low-input from my doctors, I tell them what I do and they pat me on the head and write rx's since it seems to work. I'm still amazed by my pump install doctor having gotten really close w/ the pump settings based on my tortuous logs. I probably wouldn't like someone being particularly demanding. Here's my CGM data and make what you will of it is what they get.

I dunno about the differences in Lantus/ Levemir and/ or pumping or Omnipods but I kind of think you'd be better off to do one or the other. If your doses of Levemir continue to increase but your numbers are higher than you want, I'd think that it would be totally reasonable to keep increasing them until they stop being high, see that they get low and turn it back down a notch and you'd be "there" but, if you try the pump, keep at it until you are absolutely certain it doesn't work, don't cover highs w/ Levemir you have laying around, etc.

What time do you take your pm dose? I’ve had excellent results by tweaking the timing of basal doses as much as tweaking the dose itself…

You should be able to tell whats going on with your basal by looking at your CGM history. I have trouble skipping meals. I can get shaky and weak feeling, I also experience rapid unpredictable BG spikes when skipping meals.You meter can sometimes be a random number generator and comparing two different brands will almost always show a big swing is results...JMHO

well, here's last night's CGM print out...a true rebound liver dump overnight reading for ya...!

1659-dex6.28.13.jpg (501 KB)

8am and 8 - 9pm i take my levemir doses. i can't get this right...ugh. how much did you take and when? thanks!

yes, but i had taken tylenol 40 minutes prior so my Dexcom wasn't working, it messes up the numbers and take a couple hours sometimes to recalibrate.

Perhaps. But I thought liver dumps happened when you're very low. 70 is not very low. You could also be taking a tad too much Levemir at night (since it would peak around 1AM which is exactly when your BG started to go down.) and experiencing some mild DP in the morning.

But really, Sarah, I think you are overstressing on this thing. So you went down to 70 at night and woke up around 130! That is just not stress-worthy! Do a correction when you wake up or with your breakfast and maybe reduce a unit of Levemir at night. But personally I just wouldn't put that much energy into it when you are going on the pump in a month. You are a good candidate for a pump is what your difficulties in getting MDI perfect are telling me. MDI is not perfect.

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Most of the time I can tell from my symptoms whether it's low or high so the low I treat right away if it's low and feels like a bad low dropping fast- often without testing till later- where I am then confirms this is what it was. I almost never take insulin without testing. If a test seems off I redo it on the same meter, if it's close, I assume it's correct unless symptoms really tell me otherwise. I haven't used my other meters for a long time now. I don't think liver dumps work that quickly for me, but everyone is different. Nothing brings me up like oj if I'm dropping fast.