670 Guardian Help

How do I connect the sensor after turning the pump off and back on?

*Update- I discovered why I was having so much trouble, I was apparently “too close” to my other Guardian and a walk outside eventually resolved the issue.

1 Like

Always nice when you find the solution yourself!

1 Like

I am not for certain I understand the question but I will take a shot at it. When you say turn off the pump I am assuming that turning it off might be like taking the battery out.

At any rate. Go to options, utilities, sensor settings enter sensor connection, then choose reconnect.

If I have misunderstood I am sorry.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

But does it mean that you only say nice things? Do you avoid saying negative things about Medtronic devices? Can we trust you to tell it like it is, warts and all?

Khurt,

You are free to trust or discount anything I say about any product. I am required by the FDA to include a statement whenever I speak about Medtronic products or services. I do not have the obligation to speak about the good other products may possess simply because It is unlikely, I have used them. I am required to never speak ill of another product, unless I have personal and direct knowledge and then and only then my I say something like (when I used x sensor I had (good, bad, or mediocre) results. I am not free to talk down another manufacturer.

As for my integrity I think if you look, I am among the top 50 commenters, writers, and participants in these forums since 2008 when I was the 1204th person to join TUDiabetes .

So, Khurt, here is the thing, you can ignore my advice or take it, frankly I do not care. You can call me uninformed or lacking insight. But do not ever question my motivation again. When you write ¼ as much for this site as I have, give me a note, then and only then may you ever question my integrity again. An because I mentioned Medtronic I will once again make the FDA required note.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what your answers have to do with my questions. Even if you are not paid by Medtronic an ambassador are their limitations on what you can say? What is the nature of “Ambassador program”? When someone posts something negative about their experience with a Medtronic product, what advice has Medtronic given you about how to respond? I am looking to understand the nature of your relationship with Medtronic.

Note: I am NOT a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. They did not send me a shirt and a cup.

Khurt,

I am volunteer. Here is the web site about the ambassador program.

So there are a few over 100 of us last I checked. I have never been invited to anything except local sales meetings. I did get a cup and a shirt. The shirt is cool, the cup not so much.

As an ambassador I ask if I can help, try to answer questions and be truthful about Medtornic products. You will never see me speak ill of another product (pump, CGM, infusion set, etc). I am required to speak the truth as I know it unless it is negative regarding a different manufacturer, and I must always make disclosure when speaking about a Medtronic product.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that. :

1 Like

@Rphil2, I have known you too long to question your integrity, I believe you know that, I do believe that many that do not know you misunderstand your relationship with Medtronic.

I would like to ask a question that may help others understand. Why do you participate in this program?

So a fair question. As you know Gary I have three autoimmune diseases Type 1 diabetes 44 years, RA - 18 years and Ankylosing Spondylitis five years. Two years ago I noticed my diabetes volunteer efforts were suffering while the RA and AS activities were increasing.

I feel especially grateful to have diabetes for 44 years. My mom was also a Type 1 and was a control subject in a pump trial back in 1972-73. My mom passed with renal failure, massive infection from Nephropathy and blindness at age 47 in 1987. My aunt also passed in 1950 at age 10 (she was diagnosed at age 7). While she did not pass from complications of diabetes, she had an injury that diabetes prevented treatment of.

Gaven my history in the diabetes community I wanted to reach out to the community in order help folks out. Since it is unlikely I would take a volunteer position that requires extensive dedicated time to a community (as you know I volunteered here for a number of years), I looked for an opportunity to find a way to serve.

At about that time I started on the 630g which I liked a lot and switched back to the enlite version 3 transmitter sensor (I previously used the Dexcomm 5) Medtronic reached out to me and asked if I would be interested.

I looked at the program and found I could add it to the list of things I do without jeopardizing my growing involvement in the arthritis community. I am pleased I did. In the mean time I upgraded to the 670G pump and the Guardian 3 sensor. (this was part of the public program in January 2017 to upgrade to the 670g if one upgraded to 630G in January of 2017. I did not receive special consideration, I was in the upgrade program well before I became an ambassador.

Over the past 36 months I have spoken to maybe 5 people in the 55 to 65 age range who have contacted me to ask about the 670g, I suspect most do not upgrade but I have no idea. Mostly folks ask how I like it, medicare coverage and the process of acquiring the 670G in my experience.

Further the 670G has worked well for me. Since using the 670 G I have kept my blood sugar int he 70 180 range over 90% of the time. As for criticism, it really does not bother me. I never claim that 670G is for every one or even most. I speak the truth as i know it and always suggest people talk to other users before switching.

Any other question are welcome.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

3 Likes

After getting my Guardian 3 CGM System approved by my Medicare supplemental, my insurance was switched to Medicare Advantage which doesn’t cover the sensors. As a result, I have been forced to reuse the sensors for a second week by recharging the transmitter and reattaching It to the old sensor. For the past six months or so the reuse of the sensors seems to be working fairly well though occasionallysome sensors start to act flakey after five days.

I know Medtronic advises against reusing sensors; however, I was advised several years ago that sensors remain accurate as long as the chemicals on the “tail” inserted into the body have not deteriorated. My question is: as long as my BG readings are found acceptable by the 670g algorithm, am I getting relatively accurate BG results during the second week?

hi Don.

Yes Medtronic does advise against using the sensor longer than seven days. However I know several who do and have reported good success. I am fortunate to be able to switch mine out.

You ask if it is OK to use them longer. I hope you are paying attention to the insertion point. The wire should not cause issues, but if it starts to hurt or itch terribly you must remove it, so it does not cause infection. Again I have never heard of this happening.

How long then can you leave it in is really a function of how well it is working for you. Just like if it has to come out before seven days if the sensor is giving bad results routinely I would pull it. Otherwise, and if it is not hurting or itching I know many people who do leave it in longer than seven days with good results.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.