670g not infusing insulin following sensor change

Last night I changed my sensor at 11 p.m. and did a calibration. At 6 a.m., I was awakened to do another calibration. At that time my BG reading was 224. When I checked my pump graph, I noticed that there had been no insulin infusion since I replaced my sensor (no blue line at top of graph). I wonder if I missed a “BG required” alarm which would have restarted insulin infusion either in auto or manual mode. Any thoughts?

I think the best idea is to change the sensor during the day next time and then watch it closely. There are a variety of issues that might have occurred. However if the sensor and pump are working well today, I would not be too alarmed.

However, if the combination fails, or if it fails on the next change call Tech support immediately.

rick

PS: If you have a clear ring at the point where the reservoir connects to the pump please call anyway. It is on recall and will be replaced no questions asked. In or out of warranty it will be replaced.

https://info.medtronicdiabetes.com/PumpRing

rick

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

I agree that a day time change over would be beneficial; however, I keep my pump in my pocket so I may not remember to check it timely and the same situation could happen again in the day time.

I still question why the insulin was not being infused. Was it because I missed a check BG alarm while in auto mode and as a result the pump was programmed to turned off the infusion process or I was switched to manual mode which turns off infusion after a sensor change. It’s the reason that infusion was not occurring for six hours that I would like to know

Is that the way that 670g pump functions? If you lose connectivity with Dexcom and you’re using a tandem pump, it reverts to whatever the programmed basal rate is. Which is a problem sometimes!!
It doesn’t know to shut off when you are going low. But it does alert you when CGM signal is lost. It also alerts you if you turn it off and forget to turn back on.

Did you check the history in the pump?

Sometimes you missed some alert or whatever and you can see it there.
So you might want to check the “day history” and “alarm history”.

It should have reverted to the entered basal rate, not zero.
Is it possible you accidentally changed the setting

It possible I got a a message to check and enter new meter reading and when I didn’t respond, the pump stopped infusing insulin

Does your 670 pump have option to review logs/messages?

On Tandem pump there is an option for history.