911 calls for running out of TP. sigh

An Oregon police department is asking residents to stop calling 911 because they’ve run out of toilet paper

I thought this can’t be happening, and actually it hasn’t happen yet.

In fairness the Newport, Oregon police did post on Facebook asking that residents not call in because they could not get toilet paper, they posted not because it had happen but rather because they felt there was a likelihood that it might happen.

After their post was picked up by CNN they thought they had better clarify.

2 Likes

I’ sure we all remember the odd news story about someone calling 911 because some fast-food worker got their order wrong. SMH.

It kinda looked like martial law was in effect the other day driving home. I turned on police radio and things didn’t sound normal at all for a Tuesday.

verdict: St Patrick’s Day

Somehow that one slipped by me.

Good to be back in hiding with the rest if my diabetic comrades. Glad to be here.

2 Likes

It’s not like that here and there is no martial law.

Its always martial law up here during St Patricks day.

1 Like

Must be the green beer…

Where the hell have you been, El_Ver?!?!?!?!

I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages. All well out there?

Stressful times at work, and I have been helping out a friend\neighbor who had a severe hypo and hemorrhagic stroke. Apocryphal times these.

How are you madame?

Pretty good. Had to google that.

a·poc·ry·phal /əˈpäkrəfəl/ adjective

1. (of a story or statement) of doubtful authenticity, although widely circulated as being true. “an apocryphal story about a former president”

I just started taking time off today. We will be working from home soon. Fear at work reaching a pinnacle. My stepmother just had a mild stroke yesterday. Not the big old hemorrhagic kinda. I hope your friend is ok. Your a good dude. It seems that everybody wants to fit in 1 quick, big medical emergency prior to shut down. 1 of my friends has been teetering. Didn’t answer the phone today. Thanks for reminding me to call again.

Lockdown time is great for reconnecting and strengthening bonds, because every day is the best day ever ( until the next). I hope all your friends and family are safe and well and you ride out all the recent craziness with èlan.