A labor day of love!

Usually I would have gone into the city for the weekend to see a bunch of music and mingle with happy go lucky folks. But this holiday weekend was spent at home because the weather was on and off rain, kind of cool, but still perfect for laboring in the yard, dividing corms and bulbs, replanting them in new places, cutting and pulling unwanted ground cover, pruning branches of brittle trees, watching my better half cut up and haul off a fallen limb from a giant tree, spreading compost and topsoil for fall and winter veggie starts and seeds, trimming overgrown ferns and other woodsy natural evergreens, and finally hauling all of the debris away to the compost area. Whew - I will admit that I am a dirty dirty girl! but I don’t care and I can’t wait to do it again tomorrow! LOL

1 Like

I had just such a day, myself, Karen—so much fun. I managed to cram just a few more mums into my yard for color that will last into November here. Also dividing perennials and potting up some Pretties. I accuse my garden helper of turning me into a “pothead” because I just love ceramic pots of flowers and small shrubs that can be moved around in my big garden as the seasons change. We picked up a few new ones recently for cheap because they had small chips–for which we bought some trailing oregano as cover…Definitely a labor day of love And I, too, can’t wait to do it again all week, I think!..Hooray for getting our hands dirty!..

1 Like