About Me

1. My name is Alex , I was born in London and move to Pittsburgh, PA. I enjoy the USA, hunting, fishing, martial arts (jujitsu, judo, and tang soo do karate), working out, chillin with friend, playing Madden 2008 for PS3, meeting new people, going to church, metal detecting, et cetera. I got diagnosed at 8:29 A.M. on April 4th 2006 with Type 1 Diabetes. I wasn't happy that I had the disease, but I was happy that I finally found out what was wrong with me. After 4 months of excrutiating muscle cramps, severe dehyrdation and thirst, dizzy spells, blurry vision, and weight loss, I was happy to bring an end to that. I got the insulin pump (Deltec Cozmo) about 3 months ago. I love it. I had aspirations of a military career after graduation, but the iron fist of diabetes is merciless, and I don't think I'll be allowed to join the military now. I found out about this website through Bill, a member of TuDiabetes, on YouTube. I work in child care at church, and when I tell the kindergardeners I have diabetes, the usual reaction is "What are those?!" Then I have to explain to them that my pancreas is on strike right now and isn't doing its job. Anyways, I gotta go to bed, guten nacht!

~brownie~