Accu-Chek AVIVA Nano

Way cool!! Thanks for the heads up!

While I know the Lifescan people have developed an app for the iPhone, I have my pump and CGMS, so I personally wouldn’t need the Lifescan one too much at all.

Roll on in, Little NANO! :slight_smile:

That’s good news! I like the Accu-chek products, and their telephone support is excellent! The Nano has a few new features (like pre- and post-prandial averages) that I really want. Thanks for replying.

Ryan, where did you find the job description for the accu-chek nano? I am on the roche career site and can not seem to find it, i am interested in getting an internship this summer that deals some how with diabetes as i am studying to be a CDE…can you help me out?

Thanks
Brian

Cool!! Perhaps some jobs for Smith’s ppl who got the axe yesterday as well… :slight_smile:
If I could drive, I’d even apply for the heck of it…!
I’ll be very happy indeed.

Hey there all you dye hard diabetics, tick tock tick tock time is counting down, just a few more weeks until the nano is out to the good people of the U.S.A. Stay tuned!!!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/137713.php

here’s the website
http://www.accu-chek.co.uk/microsites/avivanano/index.html

very nice and sleek! I love the black, but until they make cheaper test strips… forget it
i will be jealous of those that have it!

Does anyone know if this uses the same test strips as the regular Aviva? I’m finding myself strangely tempted by this – I especially like the button where you can set whether a particular test is pre- or post-meal, which would be awfully handy for tracking trends.

Saw the video at the UK site, and yes, it uses the same strips. according. to what I saw there.

Any update on when the Aviva Nano will be available in the U.S.?

It is advertised as being available in Canada … I picked up a SAFEWAY , Family Health Magazine 3 days ago ( May 22 , 2009 ) , last page …bring in your coupon to Safeway ( with a purchase of 100 Accu -Chek Aviva strips ) …pretty simple and diabetes friendly I’ll say …offer expires December 31, 2009.
!!! PS …In the same magazine : page 26 …is advertized the Oracle Talking Monitor …for people with diabetes and… sight impairment …a coupon for a FREE meter with the purchasre of 100 strips … we are doing well in Canada , I’'ll say …and always room for improvement !!

Hey there, ok so if everything stays smooth we should have the nano available beginning in June. That is our release date for the nano as well as for the new Inform wireless meter for hospitals. As the dates tick down I will try to keep everyone here informed about where we are on marketing and staging for the new nano system. STAY TUNED!!!

Actually the two best displays iv seen on meters for those with a little worse eyesight are the Agamatrix Jazz with the bright blue EL backlight and the pseudo-matrix LCD… and my other all time favorite is the Accu Chek Compact Plus… THE NEW model with the OLED display. No backlight required…theres, the Compact, the Compact Plus, and the NEW compact plus… youll notice the difference in that the new model is mostly BLACK with a OLED display…

http://www.wavesense.info/

http://www.accu-chek.com/us/rewrite/content/en_US/2.1:10/article/ACCM_general_article_2353.htm

Well good afternoon to all of you. Well as expected there was a hickup and it will be just a little while longer for the accu chek nano to be out in the USA. So hang in there it will be out soon.

I’ve got one of these, it’s pretty cool & really sweet (it’s tiny)

Right now am using the Compact PLUS Black one with OLED display. Single unit into cargo pants and off to work with me - LOL! I still use the Minimed Ultra Link to Cal my CGMS, but the Compact Plus for right now is nice. Then when the AVIVA Nano comes out, I’ll see what it’s like.

It’s nearly the end of June. Any idea when the Nano will be available in the U.S.?

Well I found out some information regarding the Nano in the US… they are revising the meter and moving to a different chemistry that is not affected by icodextrin and some biologicals, partially due to the fda’s recommendation (see the warnings on the accu chek website about the aviva and compact )… and do not have an expected release date in the us… Seems they want to put out a meter as badly as we want a portable alternative to say the one touch mini or other low profile design meters…
(fortunately i knew the right questions to ask and got the answers i was looking for)

Anyone know if the Nano will EVER be available in the U.S.?

Its been in Canada for at least a year. Can`t speak to the US market but you usually get products first