Acer computers suck!

I’M SO PISSED I CAN’T SEE STRAIGHT. I BOUGHT AN ACER ASPIRE 1-6-09, AND IT QUIT WORKING. THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT HELP BECAUSE MY HUBBY WIPED THE HARD DRIVE. FIRST THEY SAID MY WARRANTY WAS UP IN JULY. THERES 1 YEAR WARRANTY, CAN THEY NOT COUNT? ANYWAYS, I FINALLY GOT MY RECEIPT FAXED AND EVERYTHING CLEARED UP, BUT BY THAT TIME MY HUBBY WIPED THE HARD DRIVE, WE ACTUALLY BOUGHT A NEW HARD DRIVE THAT WON’T SHOW UP IN THE ACER. MIND YOU, MY HUBBYS NO DUMMY WHEN IT COMES TO P.C’S. SO, WITH ALL MY MEDICAL ISSUES (DIABETES, HEART DISEASE AND I HAVE A TRACH) I JUST ATE $449.99. ANYBODY HERE WORK FOR ACER? OR ANYBODY KNOW SOMETHING THAT COULD HELP? BY THE WAY, WE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A DELL. NEVER ACER AGAIN

Yeah report them to the better business bureau and make a stink with your tv stations and media and embarass them so that they will have to do something to keep good customer relations . also get your local tv station consumer reports division maybe at least they can get your money back or something . at least ppl watching will be aware of it . I wish you luck and I hope you come out okay .

Hello Antonia. I can perfectly understand how you feel. I am also using Acer Aspire bought Feb 2009. So far, its doing well. My husband reformatted this and installed Windows XP since it came with Linux. When you said “wiped out” did you mean he reformatted it? Or opened the computer to remove or changed the physical hard drive? Because as far as warranty states, you cannot physically open the hardware within the warranty time period for it would void it. However if warranty sticker is intact, they must cover any repair or replacement, if necessary, of the pc. Dell is a pretty good brand though.

YEAH HE REFORMATTED…AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN PHYSICALLY OPEN HARDWARE? DO YOU MEAN ACTUALLY OPEN THE TOWER? GUESS I SHOULD ACTUALLY READ THE WARRANTY DETAILS. ANYWAYS, I JUST TOOK IT UP TO DIT FOR A DIAGNOSTICS.

Oh my. After having a sweet little Compaq Presario Laptop for 9 years with never a problem,. I bought an Acer about 6 weeks ago. All of the clerks at Radio Shack said it was the best and that computers was the only product Acer made so they were very focusxed on quality.
I really like the Windows Vista.
I still haven’t been able to download the owner’s manual.- they sure make it difficult.
The only problem I’ve had is that maybe once a week it will just shut down while I’m online. The screen says “logging off” and I didn’t do a thing. I hope it’s not a sign of things to come.