Acidosis, WORST TIME OF MY LIFE

Has anyone been running high for such a long time it feels natural? I was doing that for about a year. It then happened on Halloween the horror, i went into hospital with acidosis, and nearly lost my life!! It is for that experience i live every day like its my last, and kick diabetes in the arse and beat it, its not like the end of the world diabetes, but i find it hard to deal with. Anyone else?

Welcome to the world of being an adult diabetic. Most of us, especially me, hate being diabetic. Just the same we deal with it like adults and not run from it like children. Yes we find it difficult to deal with, just the same it is our reality and as such we deal like on an adult level.

Most of us have tried to outrun it, ignore it, even fight it. Still we have to come to the truth, our only practical way forward is to deal with the disease on the terms it gives us.

I wish you the very best. The best way to beat it is to give back the community. Most of us who are successful do not live to rid ourselves of diabetes, rather we live so the next generation will have it better. Just like the generation before us made it so we have better lives. Service is our salvation.

I wish you the very best. Please write often we can use your voice in this space.