Ada approved?

I don’t think it works that way. “Once liver glycogen is replenished, the intermediates of fructose metabolism are primarily directed toward triglyceride synthesis.” Most people do not walk around with depletion of their liver glycogen stores (except those that have just had a glucagon shot) and would be best served by avoiding fructose and the generation of excess triglycerides.

I don’t think we disagree on the way it works. We both know that fructose is preferentially directed towards glycogen storage over triglyceride formation.

I don’t think any research shows that glycogen stores need to be completely depleted before fructose intake will be directed towards replenshing glycogen stores in the liver rather than triglyceride formation. If the research showing that exists, I stand corrected Otherwise the research clearly shows that as your activity level increases, both your capacity for glycogen storage and ability to replenish it increases…

Whether or not most people will be served best by avoiding fructose is the question though. I don’t think the research supports that conclusion at all. I think the preponderance of evidence certainly supports avoiding high levels of fructose. I haven’t seen agreement yet on what that threshold is though.