Advice on thyroid, cortisol levels and BG numbers

So Hi! I haven't been on in a while but ...

I have been trying to figure out why I am always so exhausted - it can't just be diabetes.

Anyhow, I ordered my own cortisol test and I came back with low cortisol in the morning and noon times and too high in early evening and before bed. It is supposed to be the opposite.

I noticed a few weeks ago that I had some high morning readings of 140 and such like that. Now it is back down to 100-110.

Anyhow, I am a Thyroid group on FB and the members gave me interpret of my cortisol test and said it might be indictative of low T3. Now I have never been able to get drs to test this.

So now I have ordered (and paid for) my OWN complete thyroid test and will hopefully go tomorrow to get blood drawn and see once and for all what is going on.

I will admit I don't test as much as I should (how can I find out if my insurance covers strips I am still paying for my own) but I have increased again since I am not feeling good and am noticing something different.

For example, today I tested at 110 in the morning 9 am and than I didn't feel good and I tested around 3 (time to eat) and I was 87. I ate some hummus and blue corn chips. (I now have Invisalign so I have to have them in 22 hours aday which doesn't give much time to relax and eat). Any how I tested again because I felt weird around 7pm and thought I would be low and I could have a small apple or something. I was 171!!!

Regardless, blue corn chips are not super low carb but that seems awful high considering I didn't eat much.

Than I was thinking about the cortisol test if my cortisol is high in the evening would that increase my blood sugar levels?

I am have female hormones flucuations too but seriously I hardly eat anything! I have to eat! I think it might be time to go back to the dr and have metformin increased. I have been on 500 mg 2 x a day since my dx three years ago.

Anyone here ever tested their cortisol levels? I am very tired in the morning and most of the day no matter how much sleep I get. Regardless, I often wake up at 4am or something. I have a lot of mood swings and my upper arms feel like they have no strength. I will often feel better later in the day (evening) or if my BG is higher (which is odd).

I am nervous about this. :(