Advice please for post meal test timing

Potato lentil soup and two garbanzo bean cookies for lunch. 2 1/2 hours after lunch my glucose level is 81. I repeat 60 yrs of type 1 with no diabetic complications. I have tight control. My insulin resistance is low because I am on a low fat plant based diet. I am glad that you have found something that works for you. I have certainly found something that works for me and there is nothing “nonchalant” about my approach. In fact “nonchalant” isn’t a word I use about anything in my life just ask my husband LOL.

1 Like

Rather than get into more of a diet argument then is already going on in this thread, I’m just going to reiterate that if I eat a banana it will get me out of a mild low, or if not low to start with, will get me high. I consider anything over 150 to be too high for my comfort. If I’m headed out the door for a couple hour hike and am not quite high enough for my liking, one of my choices sitting on the counter would be about a 1/2 a banana. that’s around 13-15 carbs, give or take. Having said that, if I’ve got more than a unit or so of IOB, I’ll probably eat some small portions of other foods before heading out for a hike.
Now can we all get along here? I’m dismayed by the bickering.

So sorry, I am still in a serious learning process and did not realize I was bickering with anyone but please accept my apologies I and will stay off this subject for a while.

I didn’t say WHO was bickering. Just a general vibe on this thread today.

1 Like

I will just echo the pre bolus item. I have found that this tool can fix and handle just about anything I want to eat. It is all based on current level, trend arrows and fat/protein ratio. I don’t “low carb” it. I have just been of the mind set having food from all food groups and portion control on some food groups make it work for me.
And i think if you’re blood sugar returns to normal by lunch, the carb ratio is probably right, it just timing on insulin and food intake. And I have been told I shouldn’t use my basal to help lower my blood sugar. Basal levels should just keep my blood sugar level. So if my blood sugar runs 180 for 8 hours straight, that means my basal is correct and that 180 is probably due to carb ratio being off before we started the test and that is why it is running high.
Not sure if this helps, but I have found pre-bolus is my key. It can really fix most problems. And this tool works no matter what diet you use.

2 Likes

Thanks @Sally7. Glad you checked in. (And stayed on point! lol! My thread got seriously hijacked!) Thanks for sharing what works for you.

So sorry Frantastic. I did not mean to help hijack your thread.

Marilyn

Not your fault. I am open minded. More amused than anything. :laughing: Just taking in comments and seeing how they might apply to my situation. All is good.

2 Likes

I would start with basal testing and eliminating ALL variables. Too much going on in your morning to say for sure whats happening - exercise, meals, possible dawn syndrome, etc. Check the numbers hourly for a few days (without eating and exercise) and see what happens. Ps 30g seems a low estimate for that breakfast (maybe double check that).