Aging, but Not Gracefully

I noticed this year that there was a new woman looking back at me from the mirror. This woman has age spots, lines around the eyes, gray hair, major forehead creases. Man, this chick has really hit the wall.

As an Old Schooler, I am having a hard time coming to grips with my “new” face. The aging process really seemed to accelerate after childbirth. I wonder whether it’s caused by life stress in being a working mom or whether this was inevitable once I hit my mid thirties.

So I’ve been pondering what my next steps should be. Botox seems relatively simple (albeit an expensive, temporary fix). Plastic surgery scares me, and of course, any elective surgery for people with diabetes is frowned upon because of the risk for blood clots, infections, and other complications. Has anyone here had elective plastic surgery? Did any physicians discourage you? Were there any complications that could be attributed to the D?

We do have a patron saint for Type 1 diabetes and plastic surgery. Somehow I do not find this encouraging.

Lara,

I think you look great, I would not touch a thing. :slight_smile:

But I do know what you are talking about and I just turned 49. Up until about 45, I was just okay with my looks and weight, but now, lordie, if I could afford it, I would do something with myself.

Remember though we are always harder on ourselves. Have you talked to your husband about all of this?

Keep us posted and I so understand your post, but from your picture you look great.

I just turned 30 and it’s probably a flook but I notice a change in my from even last summer. I looked so young last summer (IMHO). We are hard on ourselves. I think you look amazing. I had a lady at the airport tell me she thought I was in my low 20’s (love her!), though it was probably b/c I was dressed like a slobby kid and not like an adult. tee hee. Heck, I’ll take it.

Anyway, I heard you have a kickin’ recipe for spelnda margaritas. Do share! Would you mind emailing it to me at amyliagrace@yahoo.com? Thanks a lot!

Huh! Your picture must be of your “old” face then. No changes needed for that face.