Airport Security and Traveling With Diabetes "A Diabetes Tidbit"

We are getting ready to travel international and I am learning lots about traveling with diabetes. I love traveling with drink boxes but there are limitations on what you can bring with you and I was told they can explode in the airplane cabin. So i was given another suggestion along with suggestions on getting my daughter through security smoothly. Check out this weeks diabetes tidbit http://www.pumpwearinc.com/index.php?page_id=531

Please feel free to share our tidbits

I travel with juice boxes and small 6 oz water bottles. TSA checks 1/2 the waters in their machine (unopened). I've never had any explode though. Where did you read about limitation on amounts.

I always travel a drinking box since fo rme this is the most quickest way of dealing with a low. No they don't "normally" allow you to take one past security but this is what I found out. While going through security take it out of your carryon. Tell them directly you/child are diabetic..and that should be enough to let you take it through. They may still swab and check it out but in the end you still have it. Take some skittles as well since they travel well and are good back ups. Only once going to DR did I have a "disagreement" but I won.