All about Discipline and Diabetes by JB

About Discipline and Diabetes. by JB.

You know when I went through all the years with my type-1 diabetes, a very important part of my proper management was based on discipline with my diabetes. Eating according what I was allowed to eat and the proper amounts of course.
Oh no, I have not always been the 'Holy Joseph". I’m almost as human as you are! I do sin or fall of the wagon for what eating is concerned. But only for the one time at the time and I then hurry back to be a good fellow again. Without doing that I know my diabetes is going to be serious trouble. So folks especially the new diabetics, don’t take good health for granted. At the start your body is still in good shape (I hope!) You won’t notice much of the wrong things you may commit, but it all goes into your account for the future,believe me! Example given with me, I used to smoke a pipe 40 years ago! When I was in the hospital recently the doctor ask me “Did you ever smoke?” I answered that I did 40 years ago. Well the doc said that established your account and with getting older your emphysema has been growing from the seeds you planted 40 years ago! I couldn’t believe it! I haven’t smoked the last 41 years!
I feel that with diabetes a similar situation exists.

OK, and now you want to know, how come I suddenly re-appeared. My Congested Heart Failure is still getting me down. I get very short of breath and that is hard to take.
In the long run (and I hope it is very long) it will kill me and gradually because of my heart not pushng enough oxygen all through my body, my muscles are losing their strenght and I will get more exhausted over time. Or… I am in a perfect situation to get another heart attack or stroke even. So, either way, how I will die is all set but of course when I try to walk under a moving car or a very low flying airplane it would have the same result. A good thing happened this morning. I had my Ultra sound for the growth on my chest which was to be biopsied. The growth was not solid enough to stick a needle in there. If it gets worse I must return to the doc to give him some money! Did you ever had one yourself? A big needle is is inserted and when you say “AHH!” they may stop pushing if they like you, otherwise…Special greetings to Nel and Terrie who contacted me.

Wow this is almost a book I wrote, but then I had to catch up… Right?

Greetings from Johanna and Johnben or JB.

Hey, are you back home???

Oh YES! JB.

Well, I sure am glad to hear that! How are you feeling? I’ve been thinking and praying for you!

Kat

Hi JB,
Welcome home. I have enjoyed reading your blogs. I hope you continue to blog about your experiences. I hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy life. Thanks from a fellow Canadian.
Joanne

So happy you are home JB. Your wisdom has been missed!

It’s good to see you posting again. I’m still waiting for you to take that dream trip to the Amazon! My best to you and Johanna.

Hey JB I’m glad your back with us!!!

Hello jB!! :slight_smile: Welcome back. I knew that the Hospital food would send you packing. So Happy that you are feeling Well enough to be back in your home. Come back often. Best wishes and Blessings to you and Johanna.