Amazing Perspective

I found this very interesting. My grandfather was born in 1899, he would have been all through this and never said a word to us about any of it. Mind opening.

Hopefully you find it as interesting.

Amazing Perspective

5 Likes

And for smiles!~

5 Likes

I remember talking with my Grandmother about her trip to Europe on Queen Mary. Asked her why they didn’t fly, it would be much quicker! She just smiled.
And she never did get used to using a microwave.

2 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

That’s a fantastic piece @Marie20 !!! Thank you for sharing!!

Own this people… don’t be a victim!

1 Like

Just to be fair, though, not everybody is just ‘sitting at home.’ I don’t know whats going on everywhere else, but we got homeless camps setting up like crazy in the city parks. That’s not gonna fly, come winter.

They interviewed this dude on the radio yesterday who was a neighborhood volunteer sent to ‘police’ the camps (that are getting untenable). He was shot twice the other weekend at this volunteer job. Heck if he isn’t back out there again already! Wild and crazy neighborhood guy! Some of our neighborhood guys are absolutely wild and crazy.

My dad did talk about WW2 and his experience in the military. One of things when I was first snorkeling when I was younger I had told my Dad I never wanted to see a shark, he said no big deal, you just kick them on the nose, that when he was in the military he was in a hospital bed next to someone that had been stranded at sea for a couple of days and when the sharks came close all he did was kick at them and they left. I told my Dad I never wanted to be close enough to kick at one.

While I don’t remember my grandparents saying much, I quizzed my dad a lot over dinners in his later years. I did have to start asking about his early life as I’m not sure he really brought it up otherwise. It made for some good dinner conversations.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, Marie. That’s a wild story. Can you imagine?!?!?!