Most years, I go to the one at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC. This year, it will held there Saturday , Sept. 29th, 10 to 4. Online registration for that event gets you free admission.
These are run in about 18 cities every year.
Here’s part of what the website says.
"It’s a tradeshow. It’s one stop shopping for everything related to diabetes, healthy eating and active living.
"No matter how you describe it, the American Diabetes Association Diabetes EXPO provides the most comprehensive array of diabetes-related products, services and information available under one roof.
"An ADA Diabetes EXPO is for all people affected by diabetes, and anyone interested in healthy eating and active living. The event that began in 1995 in Phoenix, Arizona has grown to 18, metro, major and mid size cities around the country and more sites are being considered.
"The ADA Diabetes EXPO contains highly interactive events that include professional speakers, access to health providers, a variety of ADA program/event information, exercise and cooking demonstrations and much more.
- Exhibitors provide how-to-product demonstrations, free samples and the latest products, services and information.
- Medical professionals are present to answer questions
- Exciting lectures are scheduled throughout the day
- Cooking and exercise demonstrations
- Free health screenings
- Youth Zone – an interactive area for children"