American Diabetes Association’s 79th annual Scientific Sessions: #ADA2019

From Friday, June 7, until Tuesday, June 11th, the biggest diabetes conference of the year is taking place in San Francisco, California – the American Diabetes Association’s 79th Annual Scientific Sessions (#ADA2019). This annual meeting brings together researchers, healthcare providers, diabetes technology companies and many more from around the globe.

In these five days, there will be over 2,000 original research presentations and more than 180 sessions covering the latest advancements in research, treatment, and care for people living with diabetes. That’s a lot of news to take in! Beyond Type 1 is doing the hard work for you, and we’ll be reporting live from ADA 2019 – check back here for the most important and groundbreaking news coming out of the 79th Scientific Sessions, updated regularly over the course of the conference, and be sure to follow us on Twitter for live updates.

Some of the most exciting study results and announcements we’re looking forward to during the conference including:

• The results of a pivotal trial of Tandem’s Control-IQ hybrid Closed-Loop study with the Dexcom G6. This will be the 2nd Closed-Loop study presented at ADA, and first since Medtronic 670G in 2016.
  • A landmark symposium on ‘Making Insulin Affordable’ featuring perspectives from manufacturers, pharmacy benefit managers (PBM), health plans, and JDRF’s Aaron Kowalski.
  • The potential FDA approval of the GVoke HypoPen from Xeris Pharmaceuticals. The shelf-stable liquid glucagon rescue pen will be groundbreaking for the treatment of hypoglycemia

BREAKING NEWS FROM ADA 2019

Ahead of the official start of ADA 2019, T1D Exchange and DreaMed Diabetes announced a partnership to optimize insulin treatment plans in clinics • READ MORE

2 Likes

Type 1 related news

This page was last updated at 4:07pm PT June 9, 2019.

Editor’s Note: this article will be updated regularly with breaking news and announcements during the course of the ADA Scientific Sessions Conference. Check back often! Follow along on twitter at #ADA2019

Monday, June 10 2019

Sunday, June 9 2019

Saturday, June 8 2019

Friday, June 7 2019

Thursday, June 6 2019

Wednesday, June 5 2019

Tuesday, June 4 2019

2 Likes

Type 2 related news

Editor’s Note: This article will be updated regularly with breaking news and announcements during the course of the ADA Scientific Sessions Conference. Check back often! Follow along on Twitter at #ADA2019

Tuesday, June 11

Monday, June 10

Sunday, June 9

Saturday, June 8

Friday, June 7

Thursday, June 6

1 Like

I’m excited about Lilly’s URLi. I really like FIASP. I’m using it with my X2, but have to dilute it 80/20 with Humalog or Humalog diluent to get it working reliably. I’d love to have another option. The two URLi clinical trials used pumps so that’s encouraging.

In a study comparing it with Fiasp for injection, URLi was superior. Don’t know if that advantage carries over to pumps.

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/68/Supplement_1/1112-P