Animas inset problems

I have been using the unomedical inset for my animas pump for years. Lately the tape sticks and pulling off the needle guard is problematic in that the inset detaches from the inset device and is useless. I have reviewed all the instructions and watched videos in case I was missing something.
Has anyone else had recent problems like this? Thank you

I also used this infusion set for many years. I’m not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that when you remove the paper backing from the infusion set adhesive bandage, it does not pull off cleanly? Are you also saying that the needle guard may not be easily removed? Do you give a finger-roll twist of the guard before you attempt to pull it off of the needle?

I found this short YouTube video that may help you review the entire process. If this problem has arisen on more than one or two infusion sets, I would call Animas or your supplier to report the problem and request replacement sets.

If you can clarify your difficulty, I’ll try to give you a better comment.

I have had problems when pulling the needle guard. I prime the thing, then with a finger on the tape, pull the needle guard and then oh so slowly pull the tape, it has worked fine for me.

Thank you. The tape does not come off as easily as it used to. I will call Animas. Thanks also for the video recommendation.

1 Like