Animas users to use medtronic

that is what ive been told and then when i messaged my rep she said its $1299 for both. so why not say that in the first place. so now i gotta call medtronic and find out what they say. then blame them for not saying that from the get go. i cant afford that much to get it nor do i want to wait until my warranty is up as im having trouble seeing the screen. but still. be up front with it

the cgm needs to be processed through the insurance. which is fine but to not be told the correct info, etc. makes me worry

Ah, so your sensors etc is where the cost comes in? But you can swap your Animas for the 630 for nothing.

which is what i need to get the right answer for as im now told its $1299 to get the 630G. the Cgm part has to go trhough the insurance which i know that is how its suppose to be

Metronic offered my wife 3 months of enlites to get the newer pump a few years back

then they billed for the sensors and a rep told me no such letter existed and I was to prove it did - which if you think about it is impossible to do. They could just say it was fabricated.

took 14 months and 30 calls to get it right and threats to contact atty general - which believe it or not in my state works.

I still have the letter

I would quite frankly rather make an incision and tie off my own jugular vein then do business with them

Make sure you document every call and keep all correspondence

2 Likes

i have the coorespondance with the rep that ive been emailing. she told me that its free then tells me its $1299. so now i want to talk to someone who can give it to me straight. at least when i started off with animas everything was on point. now its just one thing after another

I learned this a long time ago

It does not matter what anyone on the phone states, the next one may say the opposite.

So if the next person tells you it’s free what does that mean?

This is not a criticism of you just the way things are these days

This is why I stated in my previous post to keep meticulous documentation - especially with Medtronic

1 Like

<If your warranty expires on or after September 30, 2019, Animas has arranged the option for you to transition to a Medtronic pump at no cost. We will begin to offer this option to eligible customers starting in May 2018 to enable plenty of time for the transition.

Customers who choose not to transition to a Medtronic pump under this program can continue to use their Animas pump and should be aware that effective September 30, 2019, Medtronic will no longer be able to supply Animas cartridges or customer support for Animas pumps, so you may want to consider alternative therapy options.

If you do not wish to wait for your warranty to expire or for May 2018 to learn more about your options, Medtronic offers an in-warranty upgrade program called Switch2System. More info can be found here or by calling 1-855-322-9568.> Here’s the info Amy…

so it is at no cost. i havent heard from them yet as they started this month. ill give them a call once i am not so busy to sit down and give them a call and find out what the deal is. i keep getting mixed info now after reading that.

1 Like

So I just got a notice that MedT sent me a $300 Fitbit and I didnt order one. I made a call, and got sent to three different depts and they dont know what happened. Told me to send it back when i get it because they cant see the order. Sheesh…

wow…thats stupid…you figure they would want you to have one so you can stay fit and keep your levels on target, etc

No, actually some poor person must have paid for this and they have things mixed up. I surely cannot afford a Fitbit, nor do I want one…

They want you to have one because they will try to bill the insurance -
another thing with them - if they tell you something is free be sure to go over what your insurance paid for - your insurance could pay for something and you may never know - I have been down the free road which was then billed to insurance anyway -

So I’m thinking I don’t dare open it? But they do not see any such order on my account anywhere…my HMO wont pay for much of anything, so I am not too concerned.

find out what you can do with it. i personally love my fitbit but thats me lol…i rather get my new pump more than anything.

If it comes, I will open and try to find out who it was meant for. Then like I said, get them to send a UPS guy to get it. Weird though

good call in trying to find out who its for. i had no idea that medtronic was giving them out lol. i got mine off of amazon when i got the money to do so. i gotta figure out how to find organizations that will help me get the 670G which is what my dr wants me to be on but if i can get the 630G then ill be good.

1 Like

so i ended up getting more info. if you didnt get the email from medtronic then you dont qualify for the the switch from animas to the 630G. so the only option is the switch2system. which is the $1299. which i dont have. so ill have to research for an organization to help me out. or beg my boyfriend for help and let him know he gets $400 back. but other than that im stuck with my animas pump. which is a bummer as im not liking my pump that much anymore. i see my diabetes nurse educator which i may message her and let her know whats going on. and maybe she may have a few suggestions. but it seems that what if you missed the email and deleted it by accident or you didnt get it, or even a phone call. i was told for a phone call when i looked at a previous email from a rep in florida as for some reason i was listed in florida which i never lived in. i might as well stay with my animas pump even tho im having issues with it right now. im gonna go research and see what i can get

Is that because of your warranty? The only Email I have is the one saying Animas is going under.
Also, I dont know if you are interested or able, but Omnipod has continued the Animas free trial offer. I took them up on it, and tho I am paying a little more, the whole system is working better for me than even my Ping.

i dont like the size of the pod. its too big imo. i rather go smaller which works fine for me

1 Like