Another Day Another Pound - LOST

Yesterday, as I had promised myself, I watched the calories, fat and, of course, the carbs and I woke up this morning a pound lighter. Yay!!! I walked 2 miles and did some yoga for my abs. So, I am doing everything I can to combat weight gain. It’s working!!! Today will be very much of the same. The exercise part is easy because I do that anyway. The “watching” part is the hard part. I didn’t watch calories before. I’ve always kind of watched the fat because I just don’t really want to eat that. Also, at 47 it isn’t as easy to take off the weight. So, breakfast was 3/4 of a cup of Grain Berry cereal. 25 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fat and 160 calories with skim milk. This cereal states it has more antioxidant power than blueberries! Yay to that!

I found a nice Tilapia recipe and I made it last night for dinner. Full of taste and healthy. I thought I would share:

Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia:

4 Tilapia slices
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Mayo (I used Olive Oil Maya)
1-2 Tablespoons Basil
onion powder to taste
a little more pepper (to taste)

Place the tilapia on baking sheet. Salt and Pepper. Turn broiler on.
Broil Tilapia 3 minutes.
Mix together all the other ingredients.

Take fish out and spread parmesan mixture on top of each slice. Broil an additional 2-3 minutes. (I let mine go about 3 minutes but next time I will go 4..if you have your tray close to the flame I would go for less time). Enjoy!

Here is to feeling fit, energetic and leading a healthy and ....oh have GREAT BG numbers!!! Life is good.