Antibiotic Blood Sugar Lowering Effect

I posted this over on Diabetes Daily also. Looking for a little help…

Quick snapshot…I’m 34 and in shape, my doctor has diagnosed me with LADA. I have struggled since 26 with elevated BSL. My doctor recently tested me again, latest c-peptide stayed exactly the same at 0.9 ng/ml. I was tested 4 years ago with same result. Insulin fasting was 3uIU/mL (range was 2-27). Lastly I came in normal on antibodies. I did not see my GAD on there, don’t think they screened it again for some reason in the lab.

Here’s me question. I’m currently taking 2000 units of metformin per day and eat a ketogenic diet. When I recently was put on amoxicillin for a sinus infection my BSL’s were fantastic…70-100 all day.

A week after coming off the antibiotic my sugars are again climbing. I woke up fasting at 130 again… Don’t fell sick. He has talked about Victoza next which in worries about. Anyone use it and see benefits?

More importantly, I was curious if there are any supplements similar to an antibiotic that is safe for everyday use? I’ve read pro’s and cons of Berberine. Any thoughts or suggestions? Seems like most diabetics sugars rise on antibiotics…mine improved every time I’ve taken it over the years.

Thanks for any input

Is metformin known to be effective in treating T1/LADA diabetes?

Seems like most diabetics sugars rise on antibiotics…mine improved every time I’ve taken it over the years.

It most likely also the infection. Your blood sugar rises as your body works to fight off an illness.

i think, it due to yours, body trying to fight off an illness, my bg love to go up, when my is trying to fight off one,.