Any other information on the 670 G

The 530 is still shown on their website, but described as system with enlites. I would consider 530 if they would sell as pump only. My last 523 purchase, they would only sell 530 as system, but they no longer offer 523.

They have inconsistent naming of their pump and model numbers.

Device:
MiniMed® 530G (551/751),

MiniMed® Paradigm RevelTM (523/723),

MiniMed Paradigm® 522/722,
Guardian® REAL-Time System,
MiniMed Paradigm® 515/715

So looks like you have the 530G, originally purchased with enlites as a system ?

Yep, Mine is marked “551”. it came with Enlites.

I dunno, Tim. I’d have to review both pump manuals to see what is required to get them to do boluses, turn on or off a temp rate, and a whole host of other activities.

I’m not going to go to that extent at this time as I’m not currently under pressure to consider either of those pumps.

Hmm. I may have to find out more about this. (sigh) It may be that the enlites sit in a box, unused just like the ones I got with the first 530 I got. What a waste!

Yes, I have the 530 G which came with enlites.

I used the original Sof-sets sensors with my revel 522 pump. They were better than nothing, and it was before dexcom was available. I then switched to dexcom seven, then to dexcom G4.

Each pump upgrade, medtronic tried to convince me to switch back to their sensors. But at this point I like dexcom better, even though several have reported accuracy of MM guardian being close to dexcom now. I have seen videos of the more complex/awkward insertion and taping for the guardian sensor.

My insurance would only approve 530 “system” (with sensors), if I agreed to stop using dexcom, since Medtronics would not sell 530 as standalone pump, as suggested by my insurance. The cost was significantly lower for Revel 523 without sensors.

So my next pump might be 530G if medtronic changes their options, or I would consider Tslim and stick with dexcom either way.

1 Like

At this point I think if I was forced to I would switch to pens in order to continue using Dexcom. That’s saying a lot because I love pumping but the Dexcom has improved my life dramatically

1 Like

The jury is still out on insurance and getting what I have decided. We shall see. It won’t be the first time I have had to battle with insurance if it comes to that. But here’s to thinking its all going to go as planned.