Anyone else suffer from this?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't know where to start.

yes, i shake too when I'm high, or rising quickly and I sweat so badly. I too always have a very dry mouth. Karen, I've had this, lows so bad I couldn't walk but I was truly low and then all the adrenaline kicks in, the glucose and then quick rise up to a higher number and that can make us shake, too. I agree, it is so hard to function with this nonsense. I hope you stay strong, Karen...we're all here for you. I too would recommend a neurologist, have you had a muscle - never test done?

Start with 10 deep breaths and a glass of water; repeat as often as is needed. : )

You might really like the dexcom. I have found it a life changer. However yesterday I was on my way down and was using scissor and ended up cutting my finger and not the fabric I was working with. My vision is effected when levels are changing. I had been alerted for the falling numbers by the dexcom and had my clementine to stabilize me but I should have waited a few minutes before continuing my work. This crazy t1 affects everyone so different try some new foods and vitamins and yes breathing deeply and relaxing about the scary stuff is alway a big help. Good luck

Thanks guys, still struggling. Just now I was unsteady so I pulled out my vestibular rehab exercises from my concussion. I am going to try those again to see if they help. At least I don't have the dizziness that I experienced after my concussion. Really thinking about the DEX again as well.

Karen, if I had your symptoms, I would be going to a neurologist. A neuro doc can also advise on whether you need a CT scan with contrast or an MRI or even a PET scan or something else entirely.

I believe in 'ruling out or in' based on factual data rather than guessing. I am not sure why you seem reluctant to go to a neuro but that seems to me to be a logical step based on your symptoms/signs. I am not an MD, but have a background that causes me not to guess when it comes to health diagnoses. My suggestion and $4 will get you a cup of coffee, most places.

I did have another CT scan after my concussion and it was normal, guess it is time to revisit MD's again.

I have these experiences with low sugars - very low causes me to walk with a severe limp - lower than 50 causes me to sound like I am drunk. No such experiences with high sugars

Thanks Patti. Right now I stopped off at Walgreens after work almost fell down in the aisle, could barely lift my legs to walk, got home tested my blood sugar 60, ahhh!!!! I am relieved to know it is the low causing this, and not my head injury or other thought processes I have in my head, but these unknown lows with no symptoms are gonna do me in.

Karen:

I have this sometimes but it is almost always associated with BPPV.

http://www.michiganear.com/bppv-fact-sheet.html

I sure hope this can be resolved. Mine is not triggered by hugh or low blood sugar.

rick

You all realize, of course, that the brain runs on energy via the glucose metabolism **and** that the brain runs the nervous system controlling muscles.

I don't think you or anyone here is qualified to determine if it is the level of your BG affecting your ability to walk etc. or if it is your brain trauma or injury which affects its ability to use its BG energy supply to effectively work your muscles. How could anyone think this is enough info to do so!?? Hmm?

I URGE you to get expert diagnostic support! Imagine this might happen while driving your car, or walking across a busy parking lot or street. Today's scanning technologies are worlds beyond what they were less than ten years ago.

You all realize, of course, that the brain runs on energy via the glucose metabolism **and** that the brain runs the nervous system controlling muscles.

I don't think you or anyone here is qualified to determine if it is the level of your BG affecting your ability to walk etc. or if it is your brain trauma or injury which affects its ability to use its BG energy supply to effectively work your muscles. How could anyone think this is enough info to do so!?? Hmm?

I URGE you to get expert diagnostic support! Imagine this might happen while driving your car, or walking across a busy parking lot or street. Today's scanning technologies are worlds beyond what they were less than ten years ago.

My MD has retired, so seeing her side kick on 2/23, and will take it from there. I truly believe it is a combo of my head trauma and low blood sugars that are very frequent, neither of which can be fixed.

At least as far as medicine is concerned, they probably aren't all that related as the head injury bone isn't connected to the endocrine bone, except for delayed healing, etc. from diabetes.