Anyone from India on this group (or of indian origin?)

Hi all,
I want to connect with others on this group who might be from India or from Indian origin.

I would like to learn how you cope with depression, especially without a support network like in US or else where.

Also, would like to know about the kind of medications used here in India and compare them with else where like other countries.
Cheers,
Sai.

hi i m frm india

Oh great. I was wondering how people in India would cope without emotional support or emergency services like 911 in US.

Also, what kind of medication and diet does one use.

Hi Varun, don't worry. You are not the only one...there are many more like you right here in India. I found solace after joining this wonderful community. Good luck.

Hey sai hw du u cope depression??
The main reason I feel is that im left out when it comes to any get togethers or partys or any outing, wherein friends dont even consider me. They feel im a burden to them if they invite me. I dont blame them but I blame the lack of facilites in the so called developinggg country INDIA !!!

Coping depression using medication, counselling from doctor. Also doing something's that I thought were never possible again...and of course making friends like "you" on TuD :)

There is a picture on this website that sums it all up - "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP"

Thanks,
sai

TIP FOR DEPRESSION

The Solution: Brown rice—one cup of cooked rice daily The Science: Carbs help regulate the production of serotonin, a key neurotransmitter in controlling mood and suppressing anxiety. A complex carb like brown rice will give you the best high-carb-low-cal combo.

1 Like