Anyone have procrastination with depression and anxiety

Hi, I am new to this site. Have suffered with depression and anxiety all my life was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when I was 42. I have had problems with procrastination when I have a deadline to meet as long as I can remember, I know I have to get things done, but will find anything else to do instead. I wonder if this is due to the depression or anxiety.

I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've suffered from depression for a couple of years now. I also always been a big procrastinator for as long as I can remember...maybe it does have something to do with the anxiety. Deadlines make me very nervous and I will avoid a task for as long as possible. Then I work anxiously and under pressure with whatever task has the dealine to meet it. This is actually stressful but I've always worked under pressure and got things done last minute..I remember writing term papers early in the mornings back in high school and college the day they were due. They actually didn't turn out half bad, ha.

That is me exactly, I have always wondered if it was ADD with the depression I cerntly am not hyper active. I jist feel all tied up in knots. Thanks for replying

I know what you mean. When I was younger I thought I could do several things at once but have come to realize, I was just getting distracted from one thing and going on to something else because lack of focus made it impossible to carry through on one thing at a time. I get off task so easily and now I find I have a hard time remembering to go back and finish anything.

I just thru major depression with severe anxiety. I asked My psych about procrastination. Everyone does it and some anxiety is good and normal. Procrastination is not part of it.