Anyone successfully using Apidra with their T:slim?

After having owned my T:slim for almost two months (love it love it love it), I was wondering if anyone is successfully using Apidra?

In the beginning there was an issue with Apidra constantly causing occlusions, but it was also found that some of the original cartridges were having the same problem. I had switched to Novalog because it was thought to be an issue with Apidra.

Since the issue with the cartridges has been addressed, I was curious if anyone went back to Apidra.

I was having the same problems as well and went back to my Ping pump. Since going back to the TSlim and stopped using the Cleo's from Edgepark, I've not had any problems with the Tslim and occlusion alarms. I use both now, novalog and apidra as I have a ton of vials of each.

Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a try. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Although I do not use Apidra, I know of those who have success by cooling the pump during the charging times by placing the pump on cooling packs. Some have also put a mini cooling gel pack next to their pump. Vera Bradley sells a couple of zip clip cases that have two compartments. The pump fits in the area where your driver’s license fits. You can operate the pump while it’s in the case; put the gel pack in the “money” area.

Diabetes Mine just posted about this. Though I don't use Apidra - I hope this is helpful!

http://www.diabetesmine.com/2013/02/thinking-twice-about-using-apidra-in-insulin-pumps.html

I can get 48 hours out of Apidra on the tslim. If I try to go longer, I always get an occlusion. I tried switching to Humalog for about 6 weeks, but I wasn't get the control I had on Apidra. So as long as I change my cartridge and tubing every 2 days, I'm fine so far. I got cocky yesterday and tried to stretch it and go an occlusion in hour 61. :(

I have been using apidra since I got my pump in Sept. I have had three occlusion alarms but two have been due to a bent cannula. I do site changes every 3 days. I am extremely insulin sensitive though and have a daily average of 12 units total. Hope your trial goes as well.