Anyone test basals all in one go?

I have another question about basal testing, which I have also done in increments as fasting all day is almost sure to bring me into a low because...
When my blood sugar is close to normal, let's say 80 my basal at .45/hour will bring me low.
However, if my blood sugar is at 120, my basal at .45/hour is just fine.
Any thoughts on how to handle this?
Thanks.

Yes,

I have done this a few times especially when first starting on my pump..

I do intermittent fasting quite often, sometimes up to 3 days on just water and green tea, and glucose tabs when and if required.

Find it clears the head and gives my body a rest.

I'm with Jen, I really don't see how you could do a 24 hour fast with a child without undue hardship.

Instead, let me suggest that you first "experiment" to get some meals and snacks for which you can do a relatively perfect meal bolus. As Jen suggests, something like scrambled eggs is good, almost no carbs and little effect on blood sugar. That way, 3-5 hours after eating you can have confidence that you are at fasting levels.

Then you can test pre-meal and pre-snack blood sugar levels with greater confidence that these are really fasting levels. You can then make basal adjustments based on those readings.

ps. I cannot always trust a 24 hour fast as that doesn't reflect a "normal" basal requirement. I get really messed up Darn Phenomenon.

In the past I would fast for 24 hours (spiritual reasons)...no coffee just water. My pump basal has always been good enough to get through the day if I limit activity, but there has been times I had to eat a few Dex4's when I was faced with some unexpected activity.

If your basal is not set right you probably will not make a 24 hr test without some type of correction. If your BG swings outside your BG targets you will need to correct, your finished and will have to make adjustments and start over on a different day.