Anyone using Medtronics newest pump yet? The 670g

I find this statistic impressive. It appears that it took considerable persistence to get what you wanted from the 670G. I think the same is true for diabetes in general. Congrats!

Uploadingā€¦ First two days with a sensor in manual mode

They wouldnt give it to me because they dont get enough of a reimbursement from the insurance company.

Has anyone been caught in the BG loop yet like I did on 2/13-14?

Yup, but only once while I was on Auto. Are you familiar with the Facebook 670G Users Group? They have a lot of commentary on this and one of their pinned posts has a set of tips on what to do to prevent it.

1 Like

Can you describe what you mean by caught in loop ? I may consider 670 at next upgrade, and stuff like this makes me want to stay away.

I did this so many times incorrectly. Stuck in the loop. When it say ā€œBG requiredā€ do the BG. Acknowledge it if youā€™ve wirelessly transmitted from your meter. DO NOT choose calibrate and just click down to Done. Thatā€™s it. Most of the time thatā€™s it. The only time Iā€™ve seen a loop since figuring this out toward the end of a sensor cycle, like day 5 or 6. When I was in the loop and testing over and over again I thought why waste it and I would choose calibrate, over and over again. If you get a ā€œBG requiredā€ after a recent calibration Iā€™ve heard you should wait 30 minutes. Good luck.

itā€™s a medtronic glitch the help line told me. When the ISIG numbers donā€™t fall into a certain range this loop can start. My solution was to just go into safe basal or manual mode if it was late at night then go back into Auto mode when I wake up in the morning. Just remember to turn on the suspend before low as it was shut off as soon as you go into auto mode.

1 Like

I was told to wait at least an hour before trying to go back into Auto when this happens. I think sometimes manual mode is easier and have found that my BG has stayed more steady using the old multiple Basal schedule

I am so glad I donā€™t have to think about dropping ISIGS anymore. They were the bane of my existence when I used Enlites. You all have my sympathies

1 Like

I learned about ISIGS when I struggled with using MM sof-sensors. I had searched Google for help on Sof-sensors, and found a blog that mentioned ISIG. Then searched ISIG, and found TuDiabetes !!! So in a way, I am very thankful.
Understanding ISIGs and checking them, drastically improved my use of Sof-sensors, before switching to Dexcom (which I also learned about from TuD, rather then my endo.)

sof sensors didnā€™t work for me at all, so learning about ISIGā€™s didnā€™t solve the underlying issue with them. EVERY time I sat down, or laid down, the ISIGā€™s would fall, regardless of hydration or actual bg direction. Conversely, whenever I became active, they would rise, when my bgā€™s went down. This went on for over a month or two, until I decided to get a refund for the system (it was sold separately from my pump).

Enlites were a bit better, but still not accurate enough, often enough to be counted on to give me any piece of mindā€“instead they consumed my time, with calls to tech support, and many warranty replacements. I should have thrown in the towel long before I did.

1 Like