Are you an Accu-Chek user? Jump in here

I’ve started to use accu-chek compact plus (I got a free meter at my sister’s hospital). The drums are convenient and the lancet is less painful than Advocate Redi-Code I’ve been using, but I’m not sure if it’s accurate/reliable? The readings are consistently below Advocate. I have no idea which one is more accurate. For example, this morning, my fasting level was 93 from Advocate but 75 from Accu-Chek, 1 hour after my breakfast, 124 from Advocate and 102 from Accu-Chek. I ran four tests, I wash my fingers with soap, dry and then throw away the first drop. Ugh.

By the way, with the Accu-Chek Compact, do you always have to hold the meter upright when you place the test strip onto the blood?

I use the Aviva now that accu has done away with its support for the advantage model, I found that the two where never very close to each other sometimes being more than a hundred points away from each other. I would like to see a timer put into one of accu-cheks new models just to remind me to test a my two hour post.
I can’t wear a pump because of my job so Im stuck with the pen for now

I just bought my Accu-Check Active kit yesterday but wasn’t able to use it yet. I think I still need to read the user’s manual first to be able to know how to use it. Finally I can monitor my blood glucose level regularly now. If not for my doctor who prescribed it for me I wouldn’t have any idea about Accu-Check, great thanks for her support. Indeed, it qualifies me then as a member of the Acu-Chek Users group.This is another group I can count on in this community. Thanks.

I have an Accu-chek advantage that I’ve been using for at least 2 years. lately I think It’s time to get a new one because my readings are always high and that just isn’t making sense. I just replaced the battery and got good readings for the first day or two but now I’m back to high readings I think this one just may be worn out.

Hello all. I’m Rob Muller with Roche Diabetes Care. Just wanted to say hello, let you know I’m here and new to the website and the group. I’m going to be laying a bit low and reading and learning all I can. If there’s a way I can help, please message or email me. And thanks to everyone who pointed this group out to me. It’s good to be here.

Good morning, Rob, and welcome to the group and TuDiabetes. Any update on availability of the Aviva Nano in the U.S.?

Good Morning, Gerry. Thanks for the welcome.
No update as of now, I’m sorry. As you may know, we delayed the launch to look into the possibility of improving the product. Other than that, I can’t comment becuase we do not have FDA approval yet.
Believe me, when there is news I can share, this group may be among the first to hear it.

Hi to all.
Have you see new model Accu-chek Mobile? Very fashion.
It’s similar to Compact Plus with new soft-clik with 6 lancets.
Take a look at http://www.accu-chek-mobile.de
I’m waiting your opinion about new model; I will test new model as soon as will arrive me from germany.
Bye

I’m getting my new Accu-Check Compact Plus today! I’ve been using One Touch for years, but I’m tired of wasting strips. Any tips or tricks that I should know about?

What I would like to see in a new design of a glucose monitor. Small, allow me to enter as much info in the meter, carb counting calculations counting and exercise, medication. A PWD with MDI do not have the conveniences as a person with a pump would have. I do not want to log on paper, i do not want to constantly have to download into a computer. I would only want to download when it is time for an appointment or a major adjustment that may be needed). So go to your designer and call me when you have something that would be truly helpful in my self management. I am a true blue Accu check Meter user and currently have been using the Accucheck aviva for years. I would like to see Roche come out of the computer stone ages using the the current strips. I only want the conveniences to help me with self management.

dargirl,

Thanks for the feedback. I am passing your comments along to the appropriate people here at Roche. We really do appreciate your input and support. Is it okay for me to contact you here at TuDiabetes if I get asked a specific question about your comments?

Have a good day,

Rob

Shannon,

The others here could probably provide much better input about tips and tricks, but please feel free to shoot me a message letting me know of your experience and learning curve. If there’s any way we can make it easier, or you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them.

Thanks so much,

Rob

Thanks, Rob. So far, my only complaint is that the Compact Plus is LOUD! I do lots of middle-of-the-night testing (check out my blog for more on that craziness), and this meter seems to echo throughout my bedroom. But, it’s a small price to pay for the convenience of not fumbling around with strips. That’s my #1 feature, followed by the attached lancet device (I’m always dropping them, so this is a great improvement), and the lighted display. It’s a very nice design, and since I use a pump and CGM, its lack of a lot of bells and whistles actually works really well for me.
It is annoying that the strips fall into my insurance’s (Aetna) highest copay level, but I’m willing to pay an extra $15 per month for something I like better.

Hello All,
I LOVE my Compact Plus!! I agree with the noise it makes, but I can handle that for the convenience of the all-in-one design!! I use a FreeStyle Freedom Lite, but do not like messing with the strips and lancing device!
And I do not mind paying for my strips(I have no Insurance)!! Trying to get on the Patient Assistance Program, but it is taking some time to do that.
All in all the Compact Plus is Awesome!! But it could use a make-over. Maybe a bit more streamlined!!

Hi Michael,

Are you talking about Roche’s Patient Assistance Program. If not, you should definitely look into it.

Thank you, too, for the comments. They will be passed along as well.

Have a good evening,

Rob

Thanks Rob!!! And Yes, I was talking about Roche" Patient Assistance Program!!
Taking some time, but I hope to be enrolled soon!! Would help me out tremendously!!

This one is for you, Rob :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, Shannon. I couldn’t agree with you more. Incidentally, my profile pic here was taken with my personal, rogue, black, dual core MacBook.
Have a great weekend.

Rob

New to using Accu-Check Compact Plus. Does anyone use the Accu-Check 360 software to track their results? Do you need the USB cable? My laptop has an IR port so can I configure that to work with the software? Any recommendations on free software that uses the laptop IR port?

I started using the Accucheck Compact, which seemed huge after the One Touch mini. I like the drums instead of sticking strips in. It sounds like some kind of robot–lady gave me the strangest look after I used one in the handicapped stall. RAHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHH