Arm Users

I thank all those who have responded to these excellent blogs.

To all new users I offer thye following.:

a) this machine does not replace your finger stik machine looking at your finger tips.

Does it help - hell yes.

Are the advisice from Dexcom and teh reponse from FDA standing in the temple of Solomon

offering advice preventing the spliting of babies in half - hell no.

If you have BG moving fast, one will find that Dexcom will ctrch everage trends as seen through averaging of interstitial tissue quite well.

Is the overall picture of Dexcom and finger sticks enhanced and better - hell yes.

Just realize for all thiose using high priced test gear where higher price should suggest a light step above from your $ 20 doillar finger stick machine. Nope -whoops that does not apply.

Yet in end with thr cgms of dexcom I have made excellent progress and understanding how to blend finger stick technology with current CGMS technology critical with staisfaction and overall excellent results.

Just carefully tailor your expectations and blend both instruments to get best overall results.

He hasn’t had great accuracy with the Dex on his arm, and had a lot of out of ranges when it was not out of range. They told him to replace it and this one is better, but is still not as accurate as his Navigator. He is wearing both for now to compare. My daughter has never worn them on her arms, but I find that her lower abs work better than upper. I am wondering if any of you have better accuracy when you use it in other areas than the arms? He really doesn’t want to have to shave anywhere to put it on, and will likely continue with his Navigator until it breaks if the accuracy doesn’t get better.
Has anyone noticed how often you become disconnected in a days time, when you actually are not away from it? Dexcom tried to tell him that it was normal, but what he was seeing was not normal at all. When you look at the Modal Day, you should have 288 readings in a day and some days are far less than that. It is usually only 5 minutes at a time, but it adds up. I told him that I think he looks at it far more than most people do, and that maybe he is a bit OCD about it and needs to relax a bit. I didn’t realize how often he looks at the Navigator and that is why he notices each time it gets out of range with the Dex. If you look at the one hour, you should have 12 dots each hour or you have become disconnected. Moving from readings every minute to 5 minutes is not the best thing, but then when you actually only get less than that, it doesn’t make him a fan at all.
He hasn’t had any problem inserting it on his own arm though, thanks to all of your suggestions!

I’m still on my first sensor… but it was not “easy” getting it inserted. How the heck do you get it inserted on your arm?

I have the Dex and my son has the MiniMed, I’ve seen him insert his sensor in his backside and it amazed me that he could do it, the inserter part looked gargantuan compared to the Dex. He lives alone and does it by himself; I’m lucky to have my husband to help out when I need it.

View the video above.