Arrival of Baby A!

I wanted to let everyone know that our baby boy arrived several weeks ago, at 37 weeks, 1 day!!!

There was increasing concern about my dropping insulin requirements - everything looked fantastic on ultrasounds and he passed all NSTs - but over the course of 10 days, my insulin requirements dropped by about 45%. This worried the perinatologist enough to recommend induction…

I had an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity, and started the induction process that night. I was pretty nervous about being induced (I think I’ve heard more about failed inductions than successful ones, and I was starting from scratch), but everything went smoothly (so its possible!!! :slight_smile: — I was given cervidil, pitocin, foley balloon, etc., and 13 hours later, our handsome and healthy baby boy arrived! He was 7 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long.

Thanks, everyone, for your support over the last 10 months… The moment Baby A arrived, the time, energy and stress of managing a pregnancy w/diabetes instantly became worth more than anything in the world.

Congrats Natalie!! It’s so good to hear that the induction went smoothly!! Hope that you are enjoying this special, exhausting time!

It’s so great to see so many birth announcements over the last couple months!!

Congrats!!!

Happy to hear about a successful induction. Thank you for sharing your story.

good to hear your induction was so successful, makes me feel better about possibly being induced in a few months :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Congrats! So glad your induction went smoothly. I know from being in the same boat that it would be great to have that moment of going into labor on your own, but diabetes makes those chances slim. That’s wonderful that you both are doing well an are healthy!

Congrats!