Arthritis and Dexcom G6

It looks similar in size to the implantable birth control nexplanon and I know people run into issues with removal of that when it’s placed too deep in a muscle or adheres to a nerve while implanted. It would be great if these two companies could link up to standardize the insertion process and avoid this kind of stuff! Although avoiding nerves seems pretty much impossible.

1 Like

I’m glad. I’ve used G5 sensors that were expired 25 months without any problems. I hope that the G5 provides you with many, many, years of accurate results.

1 Like

On a Libre, it’s not as accurate but it is still wonderful. I used it first before my Dexcom and I just always adjusted for the fact it was off a certain amount. But I loved it. Once I had a Dexcom for a while I doubt I’d switch back to a Libre unless I had to.

But it works, and I was thrilled with it. I use one in conjuction with my Dexcom when I go snorkeling as I can scan the Libre out in the water.

You do have to peel off a piece of foil which takes a little strength with fingers gripping. I’m wondering if you can cut it open with a knife, I will try to see with the next one I put into use either on my dog or me. I don’t see why not. But then you just press one side into the other to load the applicator. Then you press the applicator onto your arm or I have put them on my upper hips. That part should be easy for you. Now it stays very attached to me and it’s a flat disk that I have to pry off of me. So you have to grip it and be able to pull? Not a hard grip to do I think? It can loosen with water or adhesive remover.

I think Dexcom is working on the G7 which I think is supposed to have the transmitter in the sensor. That means the applicator might stay the same type but you wouldn’t have to worry about removing the transmitter anymore. I hear rumors of next year, but you know how accurate that can end up being. But if you can keep what you have going as long as possible there is hope on the horizon.

1 Like

Richard, do you need anymore G5 sensors? I have quite a few that I would be happy to send you.

1 Like

Hi @Marilyn6, I am using a G6 now. I need G5 sensors only when my G6 shipments are late arriving. I have enough spare G5 sensors to take care of that problem. Thanks so much for asking!

1 Like

Happy to hear that you are able to use the G6 now, Richard.

1 Like

I must say G6 insertion is much more comfortable that G5,