Athletes and college students

Hey everyone! I am relatively new here so I figured I would tell everyone a little about myself. I was diagnosed with T1 when i was seven years old. No one in my family had ever been diagnosed with it (although i do have one an who is morbidly obese and suffers from poorly controlled T2). Now I am 19 years old and I am a freshman in college. I am currently skiing for my college ski team at the division 1 level. I have found that maintaining steady blood sugar levels has become increasingly more difficult as this year has gone on. I think some of that has come from the freedom I now have and all of the temptations. I have also found that for some reason I don’t progress in weight training as quickly as my teammates. Are their any other college athletes who have a hard time during their rigorous practices? Are their any other skier out their who deal with pump and blood sugar issues while skiing? And lastly are their any other college freshman having trouble with control since starting college? Thanks!
Lauren

try reposting at the athletic diabetic group
http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/athleticdiabetics

when you say progress as quickly in weight training - what does that mean? are they lifting more than you or are they quickly upping their weights compared to you?

Thanks for the advice on posting! They are lifting more weight doing more reps and upping their weights more quickly.