Auto immune diseases SUCK!

I have really bad acid reflux. I had surgery to correct it when I was 17. That was 6 years ago. The surgery typically only lasts about 5 years before patients are back on reflux meds or have to have the surgery again. Over the past year I have been having reflux again, and over the past 3 months it has been bad.

I went to the GI doctor today (a new one) and he is going to do ANOTHER endoscopy on me, get an ultra sound of my stomach (because it hurt when he put the slightest pressure on the right side of my stomach) to make sure there arn’t any ulsers or anything like that. Then, when he is doing the endoscopy he is going to also officaly test me for celiac disease.

I am being mopy. 99% of the time I could care less about having diabetes or anything else that is wrong with me. Today is just down.

I possibly tore my mininucus (sp?) in my knee at diabetes camp a few weeks ago and I have to get the MRI tomorrow. Ugh. Its a re-occuring old injury though, not the first time I have had to have surgery on this knee for the same thing.

just venting.

What can I say? Autoimmune diseases totally suck. ALL diseases suck. Sorry to hear that you have acid reflux on top. That’s so unfortunate that the surgery only lasts for 5 years. That’s Good that your Dr. is having you tested for Celiac disease. I certainly hope that you don’t have that though. Surely the Doctors will be able to find a solution for you. Best of Luck to you Brooke.