Aych Bee Ay One See!

Good Afternoon Fellow Diabetics!

I was really hoping to start blogging while being on Tu Diabetes and I have finally found the reason to do so!

As of 2:00pm today it was reported by my GP that my HBA1C has lowered itself down to a healthy 6.6! Down from my highest being 8.2. And my gosh what an effort it was and still is to maintain that! I guess what I wanted to blog about was not so much bragging and going on about how proud I am of myself, but more so, what amazing SATISFACTION I got from working so hard at it! To every single Diabetic out there who can’t seem to lower their numbers, I say this to you;

Don’t EVER feel disheartened by the thought or the reality of a high HBA1C. WE ARE Diabetics, no matter what Type, Shape or Personality, and this is something that WILL happen through the course of our lives. We can live in FEAR of what may or may not happen to us in the future, but the only one responsible for the BG readings are us! I suggest, that no matter how hard it is, no matter how far you have to travel or how much you have to pay, that you look forward to the satisfaction of knowing you are in control of your DIABETES and that you will never let it CONTROL YOU!

I know it may seem that I didn’t have to do much to lower it, but it took just as much effort as anyone else on this site. I recorded every single reading I had, monitored my exercise (testing every 10 minutes) I have endured endless Hypo’s to the point where I worry about not waking up at night and I sure as hell kept that up every day for the last MONTH!

HOWEVER - I couldn’t have done any of this without the support of my family and fellow Diabetic friends. My Mum was my second skin every time I felt like giving up; remembered my tester every time my brain didn’t want to and worked out my carb’s on the days where it all felt like too much. This is an ongoing battle that I will have to have for the rest of my life, but if there is anything I can suggest - it is to find someone that TRULY cares, someone you can confide in and someone to rely on when this Disease takes its toll.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND YOUR DIABETIC JOURNEY! This won’t be the last you hear from me! I expect to have every type of blog ranging from HATING every moment of being a Diabetic to LOVING the satisfaction of knowing I am in control!

Kathleen Armstrong =]

Diabetes is the only disease that I am aware of where you see almost immediate results from changes. You get your reward immediately instead of having to wait. You are doing well and I know you will do well as you already recognize, you will have good days and bad. Just remember you can and will succeed. Don’t let the down days set the tone, let the good times roll.